Judo in Igloolik Island, Nunavit?

Anyone know of any competitive Judo clubs (olympic level) in this area? It is about 1000kms, SSW of the North Pole, and sits in the Artic Ocean, about 100kms east of the Nunavit mainland.

Anyone? Anyone at all?

All points in relation to the North Pole are south so if you are looking for judo SSW of the North Pole there's nun-of-it.

Actually there are three Olympic level judo clubs on Iglootik Island, all within a snowball's throw of each other. 

What? 8 reads, and none of you have been to Igloolik Island? Come on guys! Somebody must know something.

shudder

Sojourner,

You brilliant bugger. All points ARE south! The little Igloolik Islanders will be so pleased to hear that. All cosy in their cariboo-lined judogis, tied with walrus-intestine belts. Throwing each other with eskimo versions of uchimata, on dried whale-skin mats.

folds arms...looks to the north...ponders...smiles

wrestle polar bears. they understand judo well.

You can try, but you had better have good kumikata.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urz6MNnbq4Q

Why is it that whenever Stacey Keach narrates over a video-clip, it immediately seems more creepy and life-threatening. That guy could narrate Sesame Street and make it seem dangerous and freaky. Which it is.

No Judo, but I hear there is a BJJ blue belt there twice a year delivering supplies.

Ben

taps side of nose

Gotcha. They're equal.

turns...struggles to hold back laughter

Good lord I wish people would read through the threads first before asking questions like this. The Igloolik Island question comes up all the bleeding time.

LOL! I'm still cracking up at that thread title.

Punk D,

Yeah, just my absurd protest against all the reasonable requests for judo in....Dallas, Milwaukee, Michigan, CT, Ploughkeepsee, and so forth. So I thought...why not Igloolik? WHY NOT! For the gentle little Igloolickians?

I was considering going to Japan a few months ago, and I jokingly deadpanned on here, "anyone know of any good dojos there.........?"

Nothin but crickets. Oh! and a coyote howled off in the distance. I think it was a coyote?....maybe a squirral. I forget.

isnt Igloolik Island about 3 minutes away from St. Petersburg by mach-speed jet... i mean, come on... really, as if people who live on Igloolik Island dont have modern means of transportation.

Josh....you make a strong point. Yep! A strong..... bewildering point. lol

Josh,

Inuit (Eskimo)

"Kapvik tamuawok krenutuyok krauyimangitok kenalogak iyorpok."

English:

May a wolverine bite you incessantly while your cries are ignored by the laughing beluga (whale).

Take that Joshua Michael Resnick lol

IF YOU EVER HEARD THE BELUGA LAUGH THEN YOUD KNOW HOW TRULY INSENSATIVE YOUR COMMENTS ARE, GLENN.

You have no idea how funny I just found that. LMAO.
I now have no A$$.