Judo in the D.C Area

My threads getting hijacked like this is grand theft auto..........you've got mail bull in china shop

Brendan

Shin knows Mr. Takemori and has trained at his club before and respects him very much.Everyone knows Jimmy Takemori and has trained at Georgetown. It is a rite of passage to be verbally abused by this 8th dan pillar of US Judo. Shufu is one of the oldest Yudanshaki in the US -1953.I'm certainly not saying that Mr. Kim is not a good judoka, because I've never met him. (Thank you for the invitation. I will make plans to visit.) But to say "he's the best in the area" is really a slap in the face to a man who's seen some of the best - Ishikawa, Draegar, Smith, Bregman & many more..What was Kim Shin doing in 1956?

Brendan, recieved your email and I'll return it promptly.

btw: above pic was shared w/ us by MFC's Walter Lamb.

We are pretty newaza friendly at Arlington Judo as well. Feel free to come by and try us out if you wish.
We are more recreational than Washington Judo club, a good mix of both competitors and non competitors.

some of those kids in Bull's picture are probably grandparents now. Hope their grandkids are doing Judo......

G, think about it this way. Walt is the little rubio in the bottom right corner. That was 48 yrs ago.

Bull, I wrote, "Shin Kim is the best in the D.C. area. World Class competitor and instructor."

Mr. Takemori does not compete anymore. I was speaking in the present tense. Shin is an international player. There was no slap in the face intended, nor was Mr. Takemori's name even mentioned in my threads, except with the utmost respect. He has refereed many of my matches and I know he is a Judo icon, not only in this area, but the world over. "And" was included as an afterthought, which like I stated, is strictly an opinion. That's what this board is for, isn't it? You seem a bit sensitive.

1956? He wasn't even an itch in his dad's pants or a gleam in his eye. What's your point?

Pennywise, I apologize that your thread was hijacked. I know you never mentioned that you wanted to train in Washington D.C. You stated that you were looking for someone to train with in the Fairfax County area and since Shin teaches in the county, was trying to steer you in the right direction.

Shin is a very cool guy that I have had the pleasure of training with several times. He is a very quick learner on the ground. His stand up is sick. Very humble, yet you can tell that he could throw you on your head over and over :)

Brett

Brett,

Jeff has also told me that Shin was very good.