Judo injuries

I also have to add that EMT class sched. conflicted with practice. When was the bombing in Spain? '03 or '04? That would have been the correct year when I was last back. The past 2 years I must have only been to class 10x tops.
It's all done now and back to Judo. Hopefully, NO MORE INJURIES!

I herniated a disc doing a bad katagaruma. I haven't been on the mat for over a year now.

"last week I hurt my ribs while trying to escape being pinned, the bottom (floating?) ribs on my right side popped and hurt like hell, still hurting, I'm gonna give it a week and see if I can hit the mats again,"

Ah, those are nasty. I've had that happen twice. Was out for 4-6 wks each time, and the ribs were tender for a lot longer.

My advice: don't rush the comeback on these ones. You can hurt the ribs a lot worse if you injure them again before they're fully healed.

Oh yeah, don't watch comedy shows while nursing a popped rib! Laughter is definitely not the best medicine in this case. I nearly passed out from pain once while watching a Saturday Night Live skit.

(It was "The Smile Masters," if anyone remembers that one.)

Something similar happened to me trying to escape a pin. Not my ribs, but my middle back. I heard it "clicking" . Don't really know if it was the vertebrae or I haerd the muscles tearing. After I work out, I feel it sore but not uncomfortable. Sometimes, I even think its swollen. Orthopedic MD saw nothing in the X-Rays, though.

Yeah my ribs are all messed up on the right side from something back in november and still are not right.

darn, now you all got me scared! the ribs are doing a lot better though, still not there yet though, but will play it safe and give it another week or so, also I've been down with the flu so I'll need a bit of time before I'm fully back on my feet again anyways.