Judo instructionals?

I was thinking about getting DAVID WILLIAMS instructionas. Are they any good? Is there any other alternatives?

I only have the UCHIMATA DVD.

It's good if you are a beginner.

yes, Im just starting.

Let me know what you think about them. We are trying to make them
better.

David

I just ordered them. I'll let you know David.

I have been doing BJJ for about 4 years. I have lots of BJJ instructionals. I always wanted to learn judo but never had the chance to. Now I am very excited because a new judo school just opened up!! Been to 2 classes allready and I love it!!

I'm also looking for a judo instructional on "grips". especially on getting the sleeve grip.

CanadaBottomTeam - Does Keith Schwartz show any gripping strategies/skills?

ttt

"I'm also looking for a judo instructional on "grips". especially on getting the sleeve grip. "

Doesn't your teacher know how to do this? Just curious.

Ben R.

what about the book grips by neil adams or the book Russian judo?

"Doesn't your teacher know how to do this? Just curious."

I'm looking for more "advanced moves".

Japanese uni team visited our club and I played against a lefty with a really good uchimata...

haven't seen the Dave Williams DVDs (I hear they are solid).

I bought some Ewan Beaton tapes from Toraki.com and think they are excellent. great price and has a solid section devoted exclusively to gripping. the "basics" section I was going to skip, but discovered that tape to be excellent!

""Doesn't your teacher know how to do this? Just curious."
I'm looking for more "advanced moves".

Japanese uni team visited our club and I played against a lefty with a really good uchimata..."

Oh, I see. Good luck!

Ben R.

I'll be recieving the Ewan Beaton tapes next week!!! Watchout Japanese lefties!!!

yeah, Beaton tapes has a good section on grips. I forget which volume. he talks about russian style, korean style etc...