Judo really isn't all that, BRO

"lol at the bitter Ghost. This thread comes after Judo goes 3-0 in Pride.
LMAO!! "

Bro, I'm far from bitter. I haven't been here long enough for that.

I just wanna know what all the rage about Judo is! One of those matches you said was Judo going 3-0 in Pride was a gimme, and the other was by a fighter who crosstrains in 5 other styles.

Where's the achievement?

"I really don't know HOW Kharitonov managed to survive that deadly blitzkrieg."

He knew that he'd be beaten and locked in a cage by his trainers back in Belarus if he lost. That's all he could think of when he ate those knees, cuz he knows first hand that the billy club of his trainer / master hurts way more.

"The achievement is that Judo is their primary base of training and they've developed their other skills from there. Judo is a huge asset to their skillset."

Okay, now see, that's fair. I'll accept that.

What I have a hard time believing is that Judo is paving the way for a new generation of MMA combatant, as the people here have made it sound in the past few days. I do not see Fedor as a Judoka. I recognize subtle techniques, and admittedly I'm not as versed in Judo as I am in wrestling, but much of the concept is the same... hence the basis of my post, and the pissing-off of so many others. heehee

O f course judo isn't all that.

Neither is wrestling, boxing or BJJ.

It's an effective martial art to learn in and train though and it's a great sport.

And judo doesn't work the guard with the constancy of BJJ, but it does use it as a position and has since its inception.

You can pick up a judo book from the 1800s and see armbars from the guard.

""The achievement is that Judo is their primary base of training and they've developed their other skills from there. Judo is a huge asset to their skillset."

Okay, now see, that's fair. I'll accept that."

That how we see it.

"This thread is idiotic and a troll Goodbye. Loser ghost comes on with childish attitude and full of hate"

The impact of this thread was severely affected by your illiteracy. Had you actually possessed the knowledge to type a legible sentence, this still would've meant about as much as any other word on a screen typed by someone who obviously has no bearing on my language.

"I am job."

Take it easy, fuckbag.

"Ok now that we're discussing on a less confrontational tone, I'd like to add that Fedor was a Russian National Sambo Champion at one time.

Sambo and Judo are very closely related, there are slight variations in grips. Point being that you don't become National Champion by not having trained in that art for many years."

I knew about his Sambo background, and I know he's had some crosstraining in Judo, but I was thrown off by why everyone was calling him a Judoka, because I've never seen a fighter go in the way he does and even CLAIM Judo.

Chris, Fedor was also a silver medalist in the Soveit Nationals in judo before he competed on the national level in sambo.

"Chris, Fedor was also a silver medalist in the Soveit Nationals in judo before he competed on the national level in sambo."

Never knew that, either.

One thing I can expect from making brash and antagonistic topics... I always leave educated.

Thanks for the positive feedback, gentlemen. =)

"Ghost, I did edit out my comments but its statements like these is why I bashed you.

"This topic is making all the Judo practitioners feisty. Hey guys, you know, we can settle this... put Ogawa up against Hughes."

They are very immature and troll-like. "

Sorry about that, BRO. =)

No hard feelings, eh?

I'm not here to troll, bro. I stayed away from this place for 3 years cuz of the trolls. Only now am I coming here, and it's to participate. =)

The guy was #3 in all of RUSSIA in judo, and has ALWAYS said he was a judoka. Hence people referring him as that. Somebody already mentioned his bread and butter throws, so that bears no mention. I've gotten to see (and go against) guys from Russia in judo and if you think they have no guard whatsoever then you have NO clue wtf you are talking about (this one russian blackbelt was hitting armbars from guard at will against everybody, so smooth is beautiful).

Does he crosstrain as well? Of course. But trying to devalue his art of choice (of which YOU even admitted you know little to nothing about) is pointless. Do the art itself for a good period of time w/ some top judo guys and you can then get insight to how Fedor applies his judo. And hell, his style does resemble wrestling as #1 judo has alot of the same moves that can be done without the gi, and #2 Russia has their own style of judo that uses alot of idigenous grappling systems (hell, alot of the revolution in judo is due to the Russians as they made EVERYBODY have to change their game if they wanted to survive against them. Case in point, Russians were the first to pull of flying armbars in competitions).

Finally, I hope you make a similar thread whenever a top bjj guy wins and uses little to no bjj (or what is widely acknowledged as being bjj). I def remember at the last UFC seeing alot of threads about how dominant bjj was that night, but to me it looked like alot of incorporated wrestling and boxing were the real winners (I do judo and crosstrain in bjj, so people don't get stirred up as I see threads bashing either one as pointless).

"The impact of this thread was severely affected by your illiteracy. Had you actually possessed the knowledge to type a legible sentence, this still would've meant about as much as any other word on a screen typed by someone who obviously has no bearing on my language."

This is an mma forum not an language forum, some of us does not have English as native language. I think the content of a post is more important than the correctness in the use of language.

Hi.

Fedor is just as much of a judo guy as Coleman or Hughes are wrestlers. All three had to learn other techniques and focus on cross-training. When Hughes pounds someone on the ground nobody says, "Oh, thats not wrestling. What wrestling coach taught him to throw bombs like that?" Yet he is still considered a wrestler. And the difference between folkstyle and freestyle wrestling is greater than judo and sombo wrestling. Judo disallows leglocks and allows chokes, where sombo allows leglocks and disallows chokes. The takedown game is very similar.

Oh, and another point just to add. You do need to experience a art before trying to claim what it is or isn't (ie Fedor uses wrestling/sambo only, no judo). It is kinda like some guys who looked at bjj in the early 90's and just said "well its JUST judo really" or "my art has the same thing, they don't have shit to teach me" when bjj has so many complexities and subtle things to where its a art in and onto itself.

Thank you all for the positive, and educational feedback....

I'm glad I survived the initial onslaught, and even more glad it only lasted 2 1/2 pages. hahahaha

I really did not mean to troll.. only to gather insight. I don't know about you guys... but I'm here to learn.

"I knew about his Sambo background, and I know he's had some crosstraining in Judo, but I was thrown off by why everyone was calling him a Judoka, because I've never seen a fighter go in the way he does and even CLAIM Judo."

Everyone cross-trains. Doesn't mean they are not a practitioner of a particular discipline if they don't use solely that discipline in a fight

It's like when a BJJ guy KO's someone and yells "Jiu-Jitsu, Jiu-Jitsu...!" It makes no sense.

It would be like if Henderson after beating Bustamante yelled "Greco, Greco..."

AndreiKali9 - dude, you're like waving your hands back and forth "look at me", "answer me"... hahaha. I think you're the one lookin for attention....

whore.

"Ghost you have no room to talk, you sound like you dont know anything about Judo and you still did not respond to any of my posts.
whatever.

attention whore."

Hey, ass assassin... chill. Before I jump into your little Judo jerkoff topic, I'd like to at least know what I'm talking about. These fine gentlemen were doin just fine explaining it to me and helping to educate a fellow fan / fighter... while you go on with your sketch pad and your notes, being the mma geekfuck you are.

I'll catch your topic later.