Judo video

for later

alot of fighters turtle these days & defend the choke well from the turtle...so i think many of the subs techniques that this video shows when your opponent is tutled could be really effective in mma or sub grappling

ttt

ttt

ttt

he would have schooled helio

ttt

Quote: "
However, WTF is going on at 32:20?

I think it said something about Kata, but it looks like a bad Noh play.

"Look, look, now I'm an airplane VVVVVVVVVVVVV!"

Sounds funny when you read:

"During the next 20 years, Mifune's reputation continued to grow. When he was 40, he was challenged by a 6 foot, 240 pound sumo wrestler. Mifune, 5'2" tall and 100 pounds, finally slammed the wrestler with his trademark 'airplane" throw (kukinage). He ate sparingly, slept on a Western-style bed, and did not smoke. In 1937, Kano elevated Mifune to kyduan (9th Degree)."

seriously, now what the did the gracies invent?

BJJ is nothing but kodokan judo passed onto the Gracie family by mitsuyo maeda.

Good video btw.

Holy shit at 24.40!

He shows the Garcia guard pass I've been using.

I thought that shit was cutting edge lol!

"seriously, now what the did the gracies invent?"

I don't think most martial arts actually invent new techniques. There are only so many ways for the human body to move after all. The innovations normally come in terms of emphasis and training.

ttt

"I don't think most martial arts actually invent new techniques. There are only so many ways for the human body to move after all. The innovations normally come in terms of emphasis and training. "

So who invented the triangle (sankakujime) or Kimura? Who invented the guard. These existed in judo long long ago. BJJ is traditional Judo. I don't know why people get so hung up on the fact that it is Brazilian, it's not.

In brazil they just call it Jiujitsu, unlike the states where we always have to emphasize that's it brazilian for whatever reason.

ttt