JUDO vs. BJJ / RESULT

OK

JAPANESE MADE IT JUDO Vs. BJJ by SHOWING
HELIO vs. KIMURA etc. VIDEO CLIPS BEFORE THE FIGHT AND GENERALLY BY BEHAVING LIKE THAT

OK WE NOW HAVE THE RESULTS:

JUDO got DOMINATED AND SCHOOLED BY BJJ

Judoka in question was/is an elite Judoka

BJJer in question is a BJJ legend but not a BJJ champion.

Fighter vs Fighter, not style vs style.

Royce is a better MMA fighter than most BJJ guys imo.

Sorry JAPANESE MADE IT JUDO vs. BJJ

just wait until you see the whole thing.

HAHAHA wallid Ismael choked Royce and Wallid is a complete joke in BJJ comtetition circles

I'm going to celebrate this like it was a victory.

BJJ counts

Spanky is correct I agree Royces Vale Tudo is better than most top BJJ players But their BJJ is better then Royces But this is MMA not BJJ

Yes the match was mostly grappling.

At the start of the fight Yoshida connected with one punch!

After that if was all grappling and Royce punching from SUPERIOR position.

Judo lost

Yoshida is one of the Best Judo guys out there. One of the most dominant champions in his style.

Royce is a BJJ black belt & a pioneer in MMA but he was never a dominant guy in BJJ competitions.

Yoshida would be destroyed against any top BJJ guy of a similar weight class.

Take your pick.....Saulo Ribeiro, "Xande" Ribeiro, "Comprido", Roger Gracie, Ronaldo "Jacare", Cassio Werneck, Flavio Almeida, Jefferson Moura...........anyone of these guys would slaughter Yoshida

MDSUB is correct!

Sorry antijockrider .......Kondo isnt a Judo guy. His style is more sprawl & brawl, looking more like Muay Thai than Judo. Not to take anything away from his win because Kondo is one bad mofo, but he does not figure in to this "BJJ vs Judo" thing.

Royce & Yoshida may be fighting MMA & have some crosstraining in striking but they both basiclly fight using their respective arts BJJ & Judo.

Ok Omar, & Yoshida proved he's really good at balling up in the turtle position & waiting for the fight to end.

Yoshida is a Olympic gold medalist which is an awesome accomplishment. He is the best in the world in his given art. Royce has never won a Mundial, yet he dominated Yoshida on the ground. You are just mad because reality just knocked on your door & told you that a Mundial champ like say "Nino" would twist Yoshida up like a pretzle & choke him out easily.

Wearing the gi is a handycap. I also thought that in the Silva fight when Vanderlai was grabbing his sleave and wailing on him - Yoshida was lost - he was gripped, but the other guy didn't want to close. You would never have that situation in judo, and with 2 no-gi fighters, it would be much harder to pull off.
Wearing the gi might make him more popular, but it has no place in no-gi MMA. Jacketed MMA, that would be fun, but it's a different game.

Yoshida should lose the gi. I see that with the Gracie name riding on it, Royce made the right choice. The choice a professional would make. Put aside the 'purist' ego and play the damn game.

This proves that it is best to fight and train for no-gi MMA without a gi.

Bludhall

I'm not some judo apologist, I recognize it has limitations. How many guys have dominated in MMA while wearing a gi against a no-gi opponent? Only one, Royce, and that was before the professional MMA fihgter trained specifically for MMA appeared. Once they did, he was in trouble. But Royce has adapted, evolved if you will.

This is not to take away from his victory, he just did what any real professional would do.

boring

A draw isn't a win.

Royce's Record against Yoshida as of Today:

0 Wins, 1 Loss, 1 Draw!

Man, YourFather, you are such a disrespecful BJJ troll thread after thread it's not even funny.

MMA=MMA, not BJJ, not Judo, not striking, not wrestling. Its MIXED martial arts. Get it? BJJ is great, probably the most important aspect of the fight game, but not the only one and you and your troll peers need to get some class in your BJJ classes.

LOL at Kais denial...