Junior Dos Santos vs. Ciryl Gane

Joe and DC are blind. That was the back of the head just above the neck as far as I can tell. Shit happens but I dont think Junior was wrong.

1 Like
Gennady Goblin -

What happened to JDS? How do you go from knocking everyone's shit silly to just completely getting wrecked every fight?

Has great hands but that’s about it! Big JDS fan but he is too one dimensional at this point. 

Gane vs Ngannou?

ShanTheMan -

Joe and DC are blind. That was the back of the head just above the neck as far as I can tell. Shit happens but I dont think Junior was wrong.

I agree. Was clearly To back of the head but I don’t think Gane did anything wrong. JDS was turning away. 

1 Like
Gennady Goblin -

What happened to JDS? How do you go from knocking everyone's shit silly to just completely getting wrecked every fight?

The same thing that happens to every fighter, ever? You take enough shots to the head and put your body through hell for years and years, eventually you aren’t the same guy anymore. Look at JDS’ body language. He had his moments but really his confidence just isn’t there, it’s completely gone. 

What say the UG? Was that a legal elboooooooow????

I say it was yo

DubD -

Gane vs Ngannou?

Thinking the same thing! It would be like

godzilla fighting King Kong 

Scrimgali -
Gennady Goblin -

Has great hands but that’s about it! Big JDS fan but he is too one dimensional at this point. 

It’s not about being one dimensional. Prime JDS is/was skilled enough to beat Gane. JDS just looks like he’s done to be honest. His confidence is gone, and his chin is shot. 

Time for JDS to retire. His chin doesn't hold up anymore and he hasn't evolved in a decade. He shows no threat of a takedown and has a non existent kicking game. Everything is the same shit jab to the body and overhand right. His footwork has looked like trash as well. 

I am JDS fan but that was fair

Maybe illegal zone of the head, but Jr turned as the strike was thrown. 

legal… but I understand the gripe from Jr

Scrimgali -
ShanTheMan -

I agree. Was clearly To back of the head but I don’t think Gane did anything wrong. JDS was turning away. 

Yeah he turned away so its not really Gane's fault, but I felt for sure it was too far back .

Good thing mazagatti wasn’t reffing he would have called it illegal and stood them back up. 

it was the back of the head, but wasn’t illegal because junior turned his head while the elbow was being thrown 

JDS might be the next to get cut. Lost his last 4 by tko. His only saving grace is that he's in a weak division so he might get one more fight to pick up a win. Maybe even Hardy vs JDS next?

Tough to see Junior lose again, especially with that elbow that looked like it cracked him right in the back of the head (no idea if it was legal).

That said he hasn’t been the same fighter for a while, and while I don’t doubt he could be an Arlovski type that keeps fighting and racks up some wins again - I’d rather see him hang up the gloves.

MasterofMartialArts -
Scrimgali -
Gennady Goblin -

It’s not about being one dimensional. Prime JDS is/was skilled enough to beat Gane. JDS just looks like he’s done to be honest. His confidence is gone, and his chin is shot. 

Agreed. His chin is shot and yea his confidence has been gone for a while. But the older/slower he gets he looks one dimensional to me. You kind of know what your gonna get. 

1 Like

legal... Dos was turning away from the fight 

Scrimgali -
MasterofMartialArts -
Scrimgali -
Gennady Goblin -

Agreed. His chin is shot and yea his confidence has been gone for a while. But the older/slower he gets he looks one dimensional to me. You kind of know what your gonna get. 

yup

I’d like to see him get cut and go to Bellator.

Scrimgali - 
Gennady Goblin -

And he let Gane be successfully one dimensional.