Junior Dos Santos Vs. The UFC: The Comic

VOLUME 1:

"Dana, I beat #1 contender, can I has a shitle tot?"

"Not so fast, kid! We need to put you against this random unranked prospect with a dangerous submission game to see if you're the real deal!"

"Ok. I do, Dana. Shitle tot?"

"Sorry kid. I haven't seen what you can do against a striker yet, so we're giving you Mirko Cro Cop."

"Okay. How about now, Dana?"

"We're going to feed you a striker who's not as much out of his prime."

"Dana, can please has shitle tot now? I worked real hard! real hard!"

"Gabriel Gonzaga...grappler...and dangerous enough striker. Just enough to keep you on your toes."
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

LOL

ShaqNoob - LOL

LOL @ your screen name. Would that be what people start getting called who join the MMA bandwagon if Shaq was to enter MMA?

Shaq Vs. Sapp '11!

You raise a good point POOP TOM

lol

lol

ha, but in what strange world would you have considered Werdum the #1 contender? lol.

I think the issue with Dos Santos is timing. If Lesnar hadn't been sick he would have fought Carwin in the fall.

Dos Santos would likely be right there for a title shot now. Instead, Carwin is fighting Mir...then Lesnar...Cain and Nog are in the mix and he is now stuck in a division with 5 or 6 guys who could all claim to be the next in line.

the only reason he's not in the mix is because of big nog.  if nog loses he'll be in the mix

Awesome!

Cindy

lol 8.5/10

lol voted up

canuck34 - ha, but in what strange world would you have considered Werdum the #1 contender? lol.

I think the issue with Dos Santos is timing. If Lesnar hadn't been sick he would have fought Carwin in the fall.

Dos Santos would likely be right there for a title shot now. Instead, Carwin is fighting Mir...then Lesnar...Cain and Nog are in the mix and he is now stuck in a division with 5 or 6 guys who could all claim to be the next in line.

In 2008, Mir was already set to fight Nog for the interim and tied up with the TUF 8 and whatnot, so Nog was not an option.

Brock loss to Mir and beat Heath Herring and was given a title shot at Couture's belt despite not being ranked in the top 10 or having beaten anybody that was. Fabricio Werdum was ranked 6 or so by post places and was riding a win streak that included Gabriel Gonzaga (fresh off a title shot loss to Couture) and finishing the only once defeated Brandon Vera, who was still highly hyped enough that he was the betting favorite over Werdum at UFC 85. Besides Frank Mir Vs. Nog, which was tied up, based on merit and Octagon accomplishments, Werdum was the #1 contender. Couture said yes to the Brock fight and came back because he knew it would do high buys and the UFC knew it would do high buys too.

awesome

RaepChoke -  lol@coolface reference VTFU

Thanks man, haha. That face just seemed like the perfect similarity.

canuck34 - ha, but in what strange world would you have considered Werdum the #1 contender? lol.

back then:

Lesnar was getting a title shot for losing to Mir and decisioning Herring

Mir was getting a title shot for losing to Vera and beating Hardonk (lol) and Lesnar

I'm pretty sure beating Gonzaga and Vera in consecutive fights was good enough to be #1 contender

shit even Carwin is still getting a title shot for beating Gonzaga and a bunch of nobodies

RedCoat - lol funny but I'm sure Dos Santos wants nothing to do with Brock Lesnar.

I disagree.

SKARHEAD - 
RedCoat - lol funny but I'm sure Dos Santos wants nothing to do with Brock Lesnar.

I disagree.

Same. Brock could very well take JDS down and pound the crap out of him, but I don't think Junior Dos Santos is afraid of anybody at this point.

RedCoat - 
Poopyface TomatoNose - 
SKARHEAD - 

I disagree.

Same. Brock could very well take JDS down and pound the crap out of him, but I don't think Junior Dos Santos is afraid of anybody at this point.

Clearly Dos Santos isn't afraid of shit, the guy is a beast. Dana and the UFC are afraid for him. Hence why they consistently put him up against everyone but wrestlers.

But I digress, comic = awesome. When is number two coming out? Isn't it a bit disrespectful to use Shitletot so much and not include Thiago in there somewhere!?

I think I'll do Vol. 2 after the Gonzaga-Dos Santos bout. Perhaps, but I thought it'd be cool for the fans that would recognize the reference without Thiago being in there and couldn't see how he'd fit in. Probably could've done it. Dunno.

mcpeepants232003 - Dos Santos isn't afraid of Brock but the UFc isn't the reason he's not getting a title shot.

JDS, himself, stated that he considers the belt to be Big NOgs and that he will be Nog's body guard. He's repeatedly said that he's in no rush for a title shot yet posters like TS constantly bring this up.

Obviously if Nog was to lose to Cain or to lose a title shot Dos Santos would instantly jump to the head of the contenders list.

http://urdirt.com/2010/01/28/junior-dos-santos-in-no-rush-for-a-title-shot/

Yeah. Kind of ignored the whole Nog thing for the sake of comedy. You are 100% right though!