Jury awards $3.2 million to ex-Tapout employee

saerbarnet - WAIT... HOLD THE FUCK UP..

"Thomas"... was a girl?

Does she not realize that that's a guy's name? And who the fuck was the idiot who gave her a guys name in the first place? USA is a fucked up place naming chicks with mans names and what not..

Ouuu boy.

Ouch. I bet that smarts.

????

This is complete fucking bullshit . Unreal let's hope Tapout still continue to take this to a higher court and still fight this Phone Post

billyball2 - 
Farthammer - I don't know about the amount (seems pretty high) but I agree they sound guilty. If you are forcing someone to pay for business-related expenses out of pocket without reimbursement, then you need to be put on blast.

This.

The award amount is crazy, but the decision makes sense.

Hopefully appeal will knock the price down a bit.

yep... dont spend it all on cosmetic surgery, fake hair, and shoes yet whore.

billyball2 - 
Farthammer - I don't know about the amount (seems pretty high) but I agree they sound guilty. If you are forcing someone to pay for business-related expenses out of pocket without reimbursement, then you need to be put on blast.

This.

All of this

How in the heck did the jury determine that their was that kind of damage done? My god I would hand scrub port o lets if I would get payed 3.2 million for doing it for 8 months. Only in cali....

billyball2 - 

This.

I agree - the amount will drop. But I also read that she was denied promised commissions and overtime pay. If that is true then it is confirmed that this is the right decision.

Oh shit...I fear that might make me a "hater".

For 30,000 a year, I'll watch the shittiest fights in Mixed Martial Arts history in loop for 8 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Shamrock- Severn II? Sign me up...

Lutter- Eastman?? Give me the DVD.

Arlovski- Sylvia III? Weizorek- Shipp?? Gonzaga- Jordan? Bernardo- Takada? Kimo- Severn? Give me all of them and for 30 grand, I'll watch second by second with a SMILE on my face.

Trojan Rubber Guard -  WTF really? Fuck I'll watch an entire WNBA season for 3.2 mil Phone Post

Shit bro, I'd hit the sheets with Michelle Lobo for 3.2 million.. Pride be damned.

It's nice that we can all come together on an internet forum and decide that this was the result of our "shitty justice system," but I'd question whether anybody on here could possibly be qualified to make that determination.

The jury - who, keep in mind, were presented with ALL of the facts of this case, not just the bits and peices reported in the MMA media - found the following:

1. TapouT broke the law when it fired Michelle Thomas;

2. TapouT broke the law by not paying Thomas the agreed-upon amount for her services;

3. TapouT did these things deliberately and with the intention of causing (financial) harm to Thomas;

4. As a result of TapouT's conduct, Thomas lost out on at least $840,000.

I don't know if the jury was right about each of those points, and if not I hope TapouT files an appeal and the verdict gets tossed out, but the bottom line is that the members of the jury, after having heard all the evidence, are the people in the best position to make these determinations. And if the evidence presented in this case in fact supports the jury's findings on the above four points, then I don't see any reason why a total award of $3.2M wouldn't be appropriate.

Bobby Lupo -  Is 3.2 million enough to sit through that God awful TapouT show? That was painful

I don't even know what to say to that.

JasonJ - 
EBM - $3.2 for being forced to buy UFC PPVs for 8 months.

Where do I sign up?

Ill watch Shamrock vs Gracie the superfight 500 times.

Lol, nice one.

Nonsense Phone Post

Somebody just got their hand caught in a cookie jar full of barbed wire and pitbulls

Exactly.  Not sure why people are bitching about this.  I've worked in corporate America for close to 20 years and have never heard of a company that didn't reimburse for out of pocket business related expenses.

She trolled and the justice system fed her. Tsk tsk Phone Post

she wont see anything for years. shit will be appealed and tied up all without her seeing any money.

saerbarnet - WAIT... HOLD THE FUCK UP..

"Thomas"... was a girl?

Does she not realize that that's a guy's name? And who the fuck was the idiot who gave her a guys name in the first place? USA is a fucked up place naming chicks with mans names and what not..

This chick asked me if I wanted to see a picture of her friend Abbey, I'm like sure then it ends off being a fat mexican dude.... Unisex names like Taylor, Casey, Morgan, Jordan are acceptable but shit is getting fucking ridiculous.