Just As I Said.......

Rogie I also forgot to point out another mistakwe you made. Larry Holmes last title shot was vs Holyfield and it was promoted by Main Events. You really need to do some homework Carl King.

It was against Oliver McCall for the WBC belt.

I liked the card. I didn't like it enough to pay for it, but I went out of my way to watch it in a bar. It was worth my time and beer money. Not worth the PPV asking price though.

nothing wrong with this card. Here's what we got:

1. Finally got rid of one of the fringe top 10 hw's. Clears up the picture some

2. Confused the welter/jr middle picture even more with another surprise....which is good given the competitiveness of these divisions...

3. finally cleared up the joppy.hopkins question which has been discussed for yrs (and any way you look at it this was a fight between two top mw's, case closed

4. entered another welter/jr. middle guy to look at in simms

5. had one of the top jr welters in the world finally come out blasting...

Overall, these were fights that made sense in their respective divisions....we actually need more cards like this...

Slick - That i agree with...or at least a much cheaper PPV...

or even just HBO...these are the kind of cards that will help bring recognition to fighters if it were on free tv...

Ditto that, Slick. Isn't a "cheap" PPV a
contradiction?

Not really....a lot of people didn't order it cuz it was $50, but would they have if it was $19?

but i think slick is right...these are the kinds of cards we need on free tv. It brings the entire sport of boxing to more people's attention.

Go to a bar and watch it for $5