Just bought a new mower from Lowes for $25, AMA

Just finished mowing the yard with it for the first time today. Best deal I've gotten on anything I've ever bought. Go ahead OG, ask me how I got this amazing deal. 

Meh I pay someone to do mine Phone Post

How did you get this amazing deal? Phone Post

You pulled up front and waved $25 in the air and a meehican jumped in your truck and mowed your lawn? Phone Post

I hate mowing and I'd pay to have it done if it wasn't such a rip off.  $70 a whack when it takes me 40 minutes. Fuck that.  It only takes those guys 10 minutes!  I won't patronize them on the principle that they aren't worth $420/hr

$25 bolt cutters, snatched of the sidewalk? Phone Post

I have worked for Lowes for 12 years, I know how you got it. Phone Post 3.0

If you would be so willing as to share such a grand scheme it would be much appreciated. Phone Post

Bad Monkey -

I hate mowing and I'd pay to have it done if it wasn't such a rip off.  $70 a whack when it takes me 40 minutes. Fuck that.  It only takes those guys 10 minutes!  I won't patronize them on the principle that they aren't worth $420/hr

20 bucks every two weeks for me

I have horrible allergies and can't breathe after cutting grass so its worth it Phone Post

frostyturd - 

Thanks for asking, I'll tell you just how I did.  

I walk in and see this mower in the first aisle with a tag on it. It was a customer return. Tag says it was checked out by a service tech and diagnosed as needing a carboretor and was marked down from $150 to $25.  Well I know Briggs carbs have one moving part and if they are clean, they will work so I buy it.  

I take it home and try to start it. Nothing. Check the spark plug and its wet. Clean it and try again. It chugs and sputters then dies. Check the plug, wet. Put new spark plug in it and it runs like a champ. 

I got a mower for $25 because the spark plug installed at the factory was defective, and the "tech" at the store is a dummy. 

Barbasol OOTFFTT - I have worked for Lowes for 12 years, I know how you got it. Phone Post 3.0

Is this what you thought or is there another way?  Does it involve meating you in back of the store?  I do need a snowblower but can't justify $700 for three snowfalls per year. 

YVEL MACHIDA - 
Bad Monkey -

20 bucks every two weeks for me

I have horrible allergies and can't breathe after cutting grass so its worth it Phone Post

For that price I'd have it done. Even the teenager who won't do it right want $30 then I still have to trim, edge, and pick up whatever trash they mow over. My yard would have cost $6-$8 back when I mowed yards as a kid. 

alkysmurf - If you would be so willing as to share such a grand scheme it would be much appreciated. Phone Post
Assuming he doesn't have a hook up inside that is about to go to jail for stealing

It's the end of the season, returned mowers go to out for repair. Often one shop handles 50 stores so they get backed up. The store he bought it from had a lot of "used" equipment. OP saw it, then bargained for a lower price.

10 years ago I got a pressure washer for $50. My dad still uses it today.

It's all about right place at right time. I got my $2,000 fridge for $800. Not because I work there, but I happened to be there at the right time. A lot of luck. Phone Post 3.0

Barbasol OOTFFTT - 
alkysmurf - If you would be so willing as to share such a grand scheme it would be much appreciated. Phone Post
Assuming he doesn't have a hook up inside that is about to go to jail for stealing

It's the end of the season, returned mowers go to out for repair. Often one shop handles 50 stores so they get backed up. The store he bought it from had a lot of "used" equipment. OP saw it, then bargained for a lower price.

10 years ago I got a pressure washer for $50. My dad still uses it today.

It's all about right place at right time. I got my $2,000 fridge for $800. Not because I work there, but I happened to be there at the right time. A lot of luck. Phone Post 3.0

Close, but it was the only one in the store and I didn't have to haggle. 

If I were to find another such deal and wanted to negotiate, who in the store would be able to authorize a lower price?  

What's his name? The mexicans hang out in front of lowes here in socal all the time.

I worked at lowes 10 years ago and I am still rocking the same troy build mower I got for $70. It was a return and the plug was fouled from tipping it. New plug and Ive had it ever since.

good deal op

Bad Monkey - 
frostyturd - 

Thanks for asking, I'll tell you just how I did.  

I walk in and see this mower in the first aisle with a tag on it. It was a customer return. Tag says it was checked out by a service tech and diagnosed as needing a carboretor and was marked down from $150 to $25.  Well I know Briggs carbs have one moving part and if they are clean, they will work so I buy it.  

I take it home and try to start it. Nothing. Check the spark plug and its wet. Clean it and try again. It chugs and sputters then dies. Check the plug, wet. Put new spark plug in it and it runs like a champ. 

I got a mower for $25 because the spark plug installed at the factory was defective, and the "tech" at the store is a dummy. 

You can also check a spark plug by unscrewing it, reattach the spark plug wire, and aligator clip the body of the plug to the frame of the mower. Pulling the starter cord should give you a nice visible spark on a working plug.

People do dumb things like tipping it the wrong way or putting too much oil in and that will contaminate the spark plug area for some time.

Meth addict from a town 15 minutes south does my lawn and edges for $30 - the first time took him close to 6 hours, followups have been quicker, but he is the most detail-oriented edger I have ever seen - the entire neighborhood tries to corner him when he leaves to hire him.

Any manager.

I knew I was in the ball park, it's fairly common. Any manager can authorize to a certain point. Need an Asst Manager if asking for a lot.

Anything sitting on a cart or a hand written price is up for negotiation. All they will say is no. People ask for bargains on stock stuff all day long.

Any time your spending a few hundred ask for 10% off. Make up a story. 7/10 times they will say yes Phone Post 3.0