Just bought a new mower from Lowes for $25, AMA

Referbished equipment?  

Got a snowblower like that from the isle/seasonal worker, nkt that good of a deal however...Congrats

That is how I checked it after I cleaned it off   The spark was weak, so when it fouled again I knew a new plug would fix it. 

Make sure to use premium grade gas, most likely the carburetor was junked up from the ethanol in regular gas, I worked for sears for a few years and that was the problem 8/10 Phone Post 3.0

bcolflesh - Meth addict from a town 15 minutes south does my lawn and edges for $30 - the first time took him close to 6 hours, followups have been quicker, but he is the most detail-oriented edger I have ever seen - the entire neighborhood tries to corner him when he leaves to hire him.

Yeah, I don't really want a meth addict at my house every week. LOL

But it sounds like a good deal for you though.

Captain america - Make sure to use premium grade gas, most likely the carburetor was junked up from the ethanol in regular gas, I worked for sears for a few years and that was the problem 8/10 Phone Post 3.0

I think all our gas here has at least 10% ethanol in it.  I didn't realize ethanol gunked up in fuel systems.  Thanks for the heads up.

Bad Monkey - 
bcolflesh - Meth addict from a town 15 minutes south does my lawn and edges for $30 - the first time took him close to 6 hours, followups have been quicker, but he is the most detail-oriented edger I have ever seen - the entire neighborhood tries to corner him when he leaves to hire him.

Yeah, I don't really want a meth addict at my house every week. LOL

But it sounds like a good deal for you though.

I thought the same thing when I met him, but I am directly across the street from a local police/fire station, and the dudes actually watch him work if they aren't called anywhere.

Bad Monkey -
Captain america - Make sure to use premium grade gas, most likely the carburetor was junked up from the ethanol in regular gas, I worked for sears for a few years and that was the problem 8/10 Phone Post 3.0

I think all our gas here has at least 10% ethanol in it.  I didn't realize ethanol gunked up in fuel systems.  Thanks for the heads up.

Yes it does. Sounds like your up north. Your equipment will stay up for months, add fuel stabilizer after your last use.

I use mine year round in the south. Last year I left my generator sitting for 5 months, the ethanol gummed up my carb and cost me $100 bucks to have cleaned and tuned. Phone Post 3.0