Just bought a new (to me) motorcycle....

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f0/Yamaha_FZS_1000S_Fazer.jpg/1280px-Yamaha_FZS_1000S_Fazer.jpg

2002 Yamaha FZ1. Pretty much brand new, the previous owner didn't really use it at all.

175 MPH top speed, but I'll be using it as a nice sport tourer. Great on gas, comfortable and plenty of power for any situation.

This model has a 150 bhp - 998 cc DOHC 20-valve engine from the 2004–2006 R1 tuned for better midrange torque, set in a compact diamond-shaped aluminium frame. Most of this engine is identical to the sister YZF-R1's

Throwin'Knuckles - 

Yeah thats a fun bike.. 

I'll get a big enough tank bag for speeding tickets.

sparkyman - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f0/Yamaha_FZS_1000S_Fazer.jpg/1280px-Yamaha_FZS_1000S_Fazer.jpg

2002 Yamaha FZ1. Pretty much brand new, the previous owner didn't really use it at all.

175 MPH top speed, but I'll be using it as a nice sport tourer. Great on gas, comfortable and plenty of power for any situation.

sparkyman - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f0/Yamaha_FZS_1000S_Fazer.jpg/1280px-Yamaha_FZS_1000S_Fazer.jpg

Image result for wrecked fz1

Throwin'Knuckles - 

Its basically a naked R1 right? I ride a 2013 HD Road King. So that FZ1 would probably kill me.

Yes, with a little more ooomph in the mid range to make it more street worthy. I went back and forth on the sport tourer vs a cruiser. This was too much of a deal to turn down. I can easily ride it for a few years and sell it for what I paid for it.

Pretjah - 
sparkyman - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f0/Yamaha_FZS_1000S_Fazer.jpg/1280px-Yamaha_FZS_1000S_Fazer.jpg

Image result for wrecked fz1

LOL, mine's black and hopefully will never look like that!

yeah lets hope...stay safe man

Pretjah - 

yeah lets hope...stay safe man

Thanks. I'm a weenie on a bike. I've been riding for a long time. This thing will never get over 8000 rpm.

knees to the breeze bro

Thats scary fast, try to stay alive.

Luckily I got most of my craziness out of me earlier in life. I'm a mellow old man now :) I'm sure I will have to try it out on a nice stretch of deserted highway though.

Congrats!

NotForgetGayJesus -

Wanna Buy support gear from my totally bad ass MC bro?

You just want to sick those spring break jocks on me :)

Congrats, op! Solid choice. How many miles on the one you bought? Stay safe out there. I really want to ride again someday, but I need to wait until I am allowed to die with less guilt.

Checking in here, nice pick. I got a 06 CBR 1000  RR and an 06 DRZ

sadic1 - Congrats, op! Solid choice. How many miles on the one you bought? Stay safe out there. I really want to ride again someday, but I need to wait until I am allowed to die with less guilt.

12,000 miles. People ride these things to 200,000 miles. Almost bullet proof if you look after them. Mine is like new.

My kids are grown and my wife has a great insurance policy on me :)

Kangamangus - 

Checking in here, nice pick. I got a 06 CBR 1000  RR and an 06 DRZ

That RR has got to be crazy. I had an xt250 for quite a while and did a lot of backroad riding. I'd like to have both, but insurance would kill me here.

sparkyman -
sadic1 - Congrats, op! Solid choice. How many miles on the one you bought? Stay safe out there. I really want to ride again someday, but I need to wait until I am allowed to die with less guilt.

12,000 miles. People ride these things to 200,000 miles. Almost bullet proof if you look after them. Mine is like new.

My kids are grown and my wife has a great insurance policy on me :)

That is awesome. I am so simultaneously jealous of and happy for you!

2017 BMW S1000RR. I’ll post pics later