Just finished first season of The Wire and started

Season 2. I've only seen the first episode. I have read in here many times it is in the running for GOAT show. I watched the first half hour of the first episode multiple times and it never grabbed me. Finally gave it a chance and was hooked. Disappointed in the finale, though. Does the Barksdale situation just continue to drag on? I guess I was hoping for justice and then a new big case next. First episode of season 2 was brutally slow. Some boring and pointless scenes seemed 10 minutes long. Does it get better? Was first season the best? Phone Post 3.0

Most people don't like season 2 as much as the others, but to me it's one of my favorite. The Barksdale storyline stays throughout most of the show. Phone Post 3.0

I didn't like season 2 the first time I watched it

A few more watches and I love it

GOAT show IMO Phone Post 3.0

TheSergeK - Most people don't like season 2 as much as the others, but to me it's one of my favorite. The Barksdale storyline stays throughout most of the show. Phone Post 3.0
So even if I don't like this one as much it'll at least get better? Phone Post 3.0

You have to give season 2 until like episode 8 or 9 for it all start to come together. I almost gave up after about 6 episodes but I'm glad I didn't. Phone Post 3.0

Season 2 is not on par the first time you watch, but 3 and 4 are my favorites. Keep trucking friend. Best series IMHO. Phone Post 3.0

ChrisAllen - Season 2. I've only seen the first episode. I have read in here many times it is in the running for GOAT show. I watched the first half hour of the first episode multiple times and it never grabbed me. Finally gave it a chance and was hooked. Disappointed in the finale, though. Does the Barksdale situation just continue to drag on? I guess I was hoping for justice and then a new big case next. First episode of season 2 was brutally slow. Some boring and pointless scenes seemed 10 minutes long. Does it get better? Was first season the best? Phone Post 3.0
Finish the fucking show. Do not tap out faggot. Phone Post 3.0

Season 3 is great but 4 is amazing. 5 was very meh but gives closure to a lot of it. Phone Post 3.0

No show can be the GOAT show if you have to watch it 50 times to like it. The Wire sucked end of story.

Don't listen to the cunt Pamela, The Wire is the GOAT. Season 2 is necessary for the ending. Phone Post 3.0

The Wire isn't just about the cops and the drug dealers doing gangster shit. It's also about institutions and their failings.

I thought season two was great. The show was able to interweave the decline of a once important and influential part of Baltimore's ethnic, geographic, economic and political landscape into the overall narrative.

It was very hard for me to go from Bosch to The Wire... Show seemed brutally dull and slow for the entire first season. I'll try plowing through more but i just never have any desire to turn it back on. Phone Post 3.0

ChrisAllen - Season 2. I've only seen the first episode. I have read in here many times it is in the running for GOAT show. I watched the first half hour of the first episode multiple times and it never grabbed me. Finally gave it a chance and was hooked. Disappointed in the finale, though. Does the Barksdale situation just continue to drag on? I guess I was hoping for justice and then a new big case next. First episode of season 2 was brutally slow. Some boring and pointless scenes seemed 10 minutes long. Does it get better? Was first season the best? Phone Post 3.0

Drag on how? There are many great things coming up for the Barksdale group. KEEP WATCHING!

season 2 was rough, but watchable. 

Makes me wanna bust out the dvd set and start again

First three seasons are great. 4 and 5 definitely lose the magic. Phone Post 3.0

TheSergeK - Season 3 is great but 4 is amazing. 5 was very meh but gives closure to a lot of it. Phone Post 3.0
This.

It's really a slow burn the whole thing. Phone Post 3.0

After the whole show - I think season 2 is one of the best Phone Post 3.0

Season 2 is fucking awesome. The whole thing is awesome. Phone Post 3.0

I've watched The Wire twice now all the way through. Once couple years ago then right when they remastered it. Seeing these threads makes me want to watch it again lol. Wonder if im ready for another watch. Although i still haven't seen Breaking Bad so i could always binge watch that.