Just finished watching Dexter(SPOILERS)

I lost interest in Dexter early season 8 but came back and toughed it out.

Glad Vogel died. Annoying character!!
Thought the show did well to pull itself around and the final 2 episodes before the finale were good but felt the ending was much to be desired.

Thought Debs death was incredibly... In dignified and odd and didn't see the need for her to die.

And with the Dexter isolating himself it just seems.. Stupid.. I get it.. But wasn't a huge fan.

What did you guys think? Phone Post 3.0

ending sucked.

They rushed the last season and it showed Phone Post 3.0

Should of just had dexter die, they didn't do a good enough job giving us a build up and solid reason for him willingly ruining his life. Phone Post 3.0

Ravens55 - Should of just had dexter die, they didn't do a good enough job giving us a build up and solid reason for him willingly ruining his life. Phone Post 3.0
Showtime wouldn't allow them to kill Dexter. They played a key part in preventing an ending that fans wanted/deserved. Phone Post 3.0

One of the worst endings ever Phone Post 3.0

I was very disappointed in the last few seasons of Dexter. I thought the finale was terrible.

thought it was better watching season 8 a second time.

deb's death made sense since everyone dexter gets close to dies. after her death he realized that he didnt need to be with hannah and left his son with her.

still a bad ending, but alright.

too bad the main showrunner left after season 4.

I don't get why they killed Deb SO unnecessary, she was always the good one in the show and they then let Hannah and Dexter survive leaving everyone fucked. I'd have been fine with the happy ending for Dexter and put Deb and Quinn together everyone is happy. They led us down that road but then for some reason wanted to pull the rug out on it. Phone Post 3.0

Dexter should have never had a family

should have just kept him a crazy killer

Worse finale I've ever seen and I stuck it out with Lost! Phone Post 3.0

DougWilson - thought it was better watching season 8 a second time.

deb's death made sense since everyone dexter gets close to dies. after her death he realized that he didnt need to be with hannah and left his son with her.

Who was the Main show runner who left? Phone Post 3.0

Very good series. Could have been great, but last season was rushed. Series finale ABSOLUTELY SUCKED IN EVERY WAY.

I stopped during the season with Julia Stiles.

Should I watch after that?

I LOVED season 2, enjoyed Lithgow and even handled the awful story of Prado wanting to kill but Julia Stiles season ruined my joy. Phone Post 3.0

Going Postal - I was very disappointed in the last few seasons of Dexter. I thought the finale was terrible.

Pretty much this, after the Trinity Killer (Season 4), the show tanked. It's too bad they didn't go with the ending that one of the previous writers envisioned. There was so much potential even with the amount of crap they managed to throw in the last 2 seasons.

Chokey Chicken -
Going Postal - I was very disappointed in the last few seasons of Dexter. I thought the finale was terrible.

Pretty much this, after the Trinity Killer (Season 4), the show tanked. It's too bad they didn't go with the ending that one of the previous writers envisioned. There was so much potential even with the amount of crap they managed to throw in the last 2 seasons.
You mean the one where is is in the execution chair? Phone Post 3.0

Dexter would be a candidate for one of the best shows of the past 20 years had it ended after four seasons.

It just went off a cliff since then, unfortunately.

Even with the fuckery from seasons 5-7, they could have EASILY set the stage for Batista being onto Dexter in the final season when he had all of LaGuerta's stuff at his place.

But instead, they introduced a bunch of new characters to kill off who the audience didn't have a connection with, had a lame big-bad and botched the death of Deb, which should have been the emotional gut punch of the entire series.

Rather than having Deb killed by an antagonist or Dexter himself, she dies from a blood clot during surgery....LOL come on. And the most hilarious part was they continued on with Dexter blaming the Brain Surgeon for her death....if that is the case, just have him shoot her in the head instead of the gut.

UGknowme - 

Clyde Phillips

his ending was awesome that he had planned.

he wanted dexter to be lying on the slab about to get the needle. all the main people he killed over the series would be with the crowd watching.

I have no problems with Deb dying.

But him abandoning Harrison made no fucking sense what so ever. Harrison was the one thing he cared about 100% of the time and never questioned. And he just drops him like it's nothing. Have him fake his own death and then the last shot is Hanna and Harrison in Brazil, and they see Dexter watching them from across a park or something and you know they are going to live together in Brazil.

DougWilson - 
UGknowme - 

Clyde Phillips

his ending was awesome that he had planned.

he wanted dexter to be lying on the slab about to get the needle. all the main people he killed over the series would be with the crowd watching.

...Damn, that would have been amazing.

Fuck Showtime.