Just found out friend severed his spine

In total shock. Somebody who I graduated with and became close with in college years and after. Only seen him a few times in last few years but he's still in my town

Anyway, hearing it was an ATV accident and he broke his neck and severed spine. Paralyzed obviously and that's it right? There's no healing and doing surgery on that is there? So fucked up, he's got a son same age as my oldest. . His wife has had more tragedies and family deaths hit her than anybody I've ever known

What's the best thing to collect money with online? Phone Post 3.0

Paging Hunter Thompson's .45...

Plot Twist.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/oct/21/paralysed-darek-fidyka-pioneering-surgery

Facebook is a good start.

Set up a page.

These injuries don't always result in paralysis Phone Post 3.0

Went through the same thing a couple months ago. Pretty tough. Money will be needed. Good luck. Phone Post 3.0

The Gimp - These injuries don't always result in paralysis Phone Post 3.0
He's paralyzed now. You can recover from a severed spinal cord? Phone Post 3.0

I'm not into any of that ATV snowmobile stuff

Will they test for alcohol? Say he had a few or was going fast will that affect his insurance? Phone Post 3.0

Gritty, you know Hunter Thompson's .45 broke his back in an ATV accident and is now paralyzed, right?

I'd suggest PMing him

Gritty - I'm not into any of that ATV snowmobile stuff

Will they test for alcohol? Say he had a few or was going fast will that affect his insurance? Phone Post 3.0

I would think alcohol in the system would affect it, depending on the policy.

Sorry to hear bro. Best of luck. Phone Post

dizz - Gritty, you know Hunter Thompson's .45 broke his back in an ATV accident and is now paralyzed, right?

I'd suggest PMing him
Oh I thought you were recommending a book or something Phone Post 3.0

Someone I work with has done this playing rugby. He's paralysed from the shoulders down. There are some amazing feats in medicine going on each day with stem cell research and an overall greater understanding of the human physiology. Let's hope they can begin to work the spinal chord like they can the with the nerve endings in your arms and legs.

As for raising money -any and every way. We do stuff at work most months. We have a continual book and DVD shelf where you pay a £1 per item. People have run marathons, set up sweepstakes, bake sales, quizzes all sorts of shit.

Theres a site over here called JustGiving. Not sure if there's an American equivalent.

I hope your friend recovers as much as he can, as quickly as possible and if he has the same positive outlook that my colleague does, once he comes to terms with it, nothing will hold him back. Phone Post 3.0

dizz - Paging Hunter Thompson's .45...
. Phone Post 3.0

dizz - Paging Hunter Thompson's .45...

hes busy with some sort of boner the dr. gave him.

FreeCandy - 
dizz - Paging Hunter Thompson's .45...

hes busy with some sort of boner the dr. gave him.

truth

Sucks Phone Post 3.0

Just found out thrown 25 feet off ATV. Severed at c2. That wipes out everything including breathing. Have to do rehab in Atlanta probably and will need to build new house.

I know there's a million ways to break your neck but man ATV and snowmobiles are notorious for bad accidents Phone Post 3.0