Just found out my dad has lung cancer.

Ridgeback - 

Not everybody that gets lung cancer was a smoker although they will probably treat your dad like shit and claim he was at the hospital (happened to my wife's mom who died of lung cancer at 54 and never touched a cigarette a day of her life) so be prepared for the different level of treatment that comes from medical professionals that divide patients into "deserve" and "didn't deserve" and don't let them get away with it.  

Not sure where you live but my Aunt was a smoker and died at 53 from lung cancer and was treated wonderful. 

Hang in there bro- sending positive thoughts you and your dad's way.

As was already stated-don't hesitate to reach out if you need to vent as needed ANYTIME Phone Post 3.0

Hilldo - 
comeonman1 -

Sorry to hear this. I lost my Aunt to lung cancer a few years ago but she was a long time smoker. I wonder if it could have been caused by his work from inhaling chemicals of some sort? I know non smokers can get lung cancer but it's not the norm.

He worked in a substation for a power company (desk job). Retired almost 20 years ago. Phone Post 3.0

Either way bro keep your head up and be strong for your Dad. As someone mentioned below it's not always a death sentence and can be treated and cured.

Stay strong bro. My.father is surviving.lung. cancer. It's been 3 years since. Stay strong Phone Post 3.0

Fuck cancer, positive vibes your way Phone Post 3.0

MattyECB - 
dignan - 

HIlldo,

So sorry to hear about this as the prognosis is very rarely decent.  I lost my mom to a lung disease a few years back and it's a fucking nightmare.

Best advice I can give, providing he is willing...Gerson therapy, apricot kernels, and a look into taking specific enzymes.

The allopathic model is rarely effective with lung cancer.

<br />
<span class="User-313974" id="userPost50480734">Jesus fuck, please don't listen to this man no matter what. For the love of God don't make your father's (hopefully not, but potentially) last moments on earth include something as buttfuck retarded as coffee enemas<br />
<br />
There's literally NO scientific evidence supporting these type of retarded alternative treatments, and they're unfortunately the last ditch efforts of desperate men. Gerson therapy is fucking quackery pseudo science...<br />
<br />
To put it into perspective, there is currently NO FUCKING EVIDENCE, supporting Gerson therapy besides anecdotal testimonies, and as anyone who has even a basic understanding of statistics or placebo or double blind trials will tell you, those are literally of ZERO use for establishing the effectiveness of a treatment.</span></blockquote>

Like you have any fucking clue.  I didn't say don't see a doctor or visit the best, but ignoring a specific nutrition treatment is LETTING cancer thrive.

There is no money in carrots and apples, thus no double blinds will ever be funded. If it isn't expensive and doesn't poison you it must be bullshit right?  Fuck you.

Also don't hijack the guys thread with your bullshit.  You're acting like you know shit when the lung cancer statistics on cure rate speak for themselves. 

my cousin just got the same diagnosis

stay strong

sorry to hear

Prayers from the Sullivan Family.

Just trying to stay positive. Phone Post 3.0

Hilldo - Never smoked, was perfectly fit (ran 3 days a week and lifted three) and ate well. He's 70 and I don't see how this happened. I'm so lost. Phone Post 3.0
If he's a "never smoker" the type of cancer he has is likely driven by what's called an EGFR mutation. This kind of cancer is very responsive to what are called targeted agents - brand names like Tarceva and Iressa. This is NOT chemo. People with egfr mutant lung cancer can live many many years on these agents.

Get your dad to an academic medical center. Let me know where he lives and I will tell you the best place to go. DM me if you prefer. Phone Post 3.0

hope everything turns out okay.

waxwing slain -
Hilldo - Never smoked, was perfectly fit (ran 3 days a week and lifted three) and ate well. He's 70 and I don't see how this happened. I'm so lost. Phone Post 3.0
If he's a "never smoker" the type of cancer he has is likely driven by what's called an EGFR mutation. This kind of cancer is very responsive to what are called targeted agents - brand names like Tarceva and Iressa. This is NOT chemo. People with egfr mutant lung cancer can live many many years on these agents.

Get your dad to an academic medical center. Let me know where he lives and I will tell you the best place to go. DM me if you prefer. Phone Post 3.0
Huntington Beach, ca. Phone Post 3.0

Get your dad to Hoag Cancer Center ASAP. Phone Post 3.0

All the best, I hope he beats it. Phone Post 3.0

My father is a survivor. It can be beat. Don't overlook the mental health aspects because it can be emotionally grueling. Stay strong. Phone Post 3.0

Also look at UCSD Moores cancer center, they are an nci hospital which means if he fails to respond to standard therapy, they will have access to many clinical trials.

Back to the insurance thing: if he has Medicare, make sure you have a part b supplement.

Medicare will cover standard treatments but generally nothing experimental or investigational. Phone Post 3.0

Sorry to hear man. Prayers and thoughts sent your way Phone Post 3.0

This is so new. Mom passed years ago from a random condition. Sucks. Phone Post 3.0

By the way, anyone know where I can stream a copy of guardians of the galaxy? I need to take my mind off of this. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck im so sorry bro. Be strong for him and your family. Thoughts and prayers are with you friend. Phone Post 3.0