Just got an office job TME

I've worked in construction all my life and became accustomed to that lifestyle. I was recently offered an office job at a Fortune 500 company. Is there any advice you guys can give me to help me transition into corporate America?

*also my job will require travel and I've never been on a plane. Phone Post 3.0

Don't sit down all day. Move around, still stay active. Office jobs fucking suck, especially if you're used to being on your feet. Phone Post 3.0

Put a jar of candy/mints at or near your desk so people stop by and see that you're working and friendly Phone Post 3.0

Stay active or you WILL gain weight. Pack your own lunch. Take a few xanax pre-flight if you're really nervous. Get a feel for your setting and coworkers before using any foul language, etc. if you're used to it. Also, try your best to stay out of office politics as long as possible and don't be "that guy" who badmouths everyone at the water cooler. Good luck!

M0NARCH - Stay active or you WILL gain weight. Pack your own lunch. Take a few xanax pre-flight if you're really nervous. Get a feel for your setting and coworkers before using any foul language, etc. if you're used to it. Also, try your best to stay out of office politics as long as possible and don't be "that guy" who badmouths everyone at the water cooler. Good luck!
Im on the Dolce diet so hopefully ill be able to maintain weight.

When I interviewed I noticed guys wearing Ogio back packs and using money clips. I will be traveling 70% of the time at first so maintaining Dolce principles will be more work. (Worth it I know) Phone Post 3.0

start acting like a pussy ass bitch so you fit in with the rest of the office, pretend that you love it just like everyone else.

The Principal - Make sure you are outgoing to people around the office; say good morning, smile, etc. Be positive, outwardly....... I can't for the life of me figure out why this shit matters to people, but it does. Phone Post 3.0
This sounds like work. Why can't I just go in and do my job and that be enough for promotion? Phone Post 3.0

TempestPrime15 - I've worked in construction all my life and became accustomed to that lifestyle. I was recently offered an office job at a Fortune 500 company. Is there any advice you guys can give me to help me transition into corporate America?

*also my job will require travel and I've never been on a plane. Phone Post 3.0

Watch 'Office Space'...

Enjoying taking a dump at work again. No more Port-a-potty's.

When you need an extra break, 15 mins on the shitter is great time to OG Phone Post 3.0

You will use the OG app more than you ever thought possible.

you will slowly go insane

RIP tempest's sanity

Continue to yell at people when you talk to them. Also bring that 10 year old radio from the job site and blast bad top 40 music in your office. Phone Post 3.0

gregbrady - you will slowly go insane

RIP tempest's sanity
This. Beginning of the end my fren Phone Post 3.0

raleigh - start acting like a pussy ass bitch so you fit in with the rest of the office, pretend that you love it just like everyone else.

This about sums it up. You might bang a married lady up skirt in the back room though. You ever do that on a job site? Phone Post

antifret - Continue to yell at people when you talk to them. Also bring that 10 year old radio from the job site and blast bad top 40 music in your office. Phone Post 3.0
This made me Lol...and my radio is only 7 years old. Original handles broke so I had to fabricate new ones. Phone Post 3.0

Find 2-3 cool guys, every office has them and become friends. Easy sailing after that. Phone Post 3.0

If you're ever running late take a couple extra minutes and buy donuts. Instead of getting questioned about why you're late you'll be greeted with high fives and be known as the office hero. The bringer of donuts!

Get a feeling for who is there. Some people absolutely LIVE for manipulation and office drama. Don't get sucked in to any ONE clique right away...... Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for all of the advice. I'm hoping that with travel I won't be stuck on one place too long. I'm still trying to picture what an average day will look like. I will try to keep y'all posted.

I start on the 9th. They provide a laptop and a windows phone (I've heard they are anti apple). I assume I'll spend the first day trying to figure out new phone. Luckily I won't have to wear a jacket or a tie. Phone Post 3.0

Learn excel. Doesn't matter what you do, you will need it. Phone Post 3.0