Just got my California hunting license

I know, I know, it's a horrible state for hunting and just existing in general, but it's home and I ain't moving anytime soon.

In any event, I took the online exam, passed, and then I was supposed to do the four-hour in-person but I got an email today saying that because of the social-distancing, they're waiving the four-hour >

Gonna buy an elephant tag and sneak into that "safari" in Sonoma and just start blasting away.

And get drunk first.

It is a little unsettling.

SpunQ -

You got licensed to kill things because you did things on the internet? America, you nuts.

What are the requirements in the uk?  Can’t say I know much about that stuff over there except that firearms are strictly controlled. 

What kind of hunting does one do in California?

What are you going to hunt for?

Do you have to use a muzzleloader out there?

1 Like

The Texas Crutch -

I know, I know, it's a horrible state for hunting and just existing in general, but it's home and I ain't moving anytime soon.

In any event, I took the online exam, passed, and then I was supposed to do the four-hour in-person but I got an email today saying that because of the social-distancing, they're waiving the four-hour >

Gonna buy an elephant tag and sneak into that "safari" in Sonoma and just start blasting away.

And get drunk first.

Dude, are you serious!  Just the online portion and it’s all good?

White347LX -

What kind of hunting does one do in California?

Deer, bear, quail, dove, coyotes, some wild pigs. My coworker took a good-sized black bear last season while hunting deer. 

How is the trannie hunting?

Captain Canuck -

How is the trannie hunting?

No bag limits on those.

TheHerps - 
The Texas Crutch -

And get drunk first.

Yeah, I'm kinda shocked.

I guess the longer the stay-at-home order stays in place, the less people will be able to get their licenses, which is a loss of revenue, so...yeah.

The Texas Crutch -
TheHerps - 
The Texas Crutch -

And get drunk first.

Yeah, I'm kinda shocked.

I guess the longer the stay-at-home order stays in place, the less people will be able to get their licenses, which is a loss of revenue, so...yeah.

Finally, CA gets it right!

Good now get out there and start hunting some illegal aliens.

Another Californian interested in hunting here. Can I get the link for the online portion? Also, where are you going to hunt? Public / private land?

We were required to take an 8hr, in safety course to obtain our hunting license in Va.

This certificate, plus $50, can also be used to get your conceal and carry permit. 

TFK_HossPearson -

Another Californian interested in hunting here. Can I get the link for the online portion? Also, where are you going to hunt? Public / private land?

https://www.hunter-ed.com/california/

I plan on booking a hunt with Bitterwater Outfitters near Paso Robles.

TheHerps -
TFK_HossPearson -

https://www.hunter-ed.com/california/

I plan on booking a hunt with Bitterwater Outfitters near Paso Robles.

Very cool. Thanks man. 

A former Sheriff of Amador County once told me when deer hunting season would open, there would be a procession of vehicles driving through their county so long it would look like they were heading to a concert.