Just got pulled over for the first time

On my way home from class, driving on the highway, speed limit 65. About a half mile out from some tolls I start slowing down to go through them. A little bit before the tolls, a cop walks out into the road motioning for me to pull over. (Hes able to step in front of my car since I'm only going about 20-25 by this point)

Says he caught me going 52 in a fucking 30. I guess they just randomly drop the speed limit 35 miles down about a little bit before the tolls or something, and he caught me at the point where it changes.

$220 ticket. Just absolute fucking bullshit. As I was pulling away the cop was already pulling someone else over.

cool story wrong forum bro

God damnit can a mod move this shit?

I hate these forums so much.

That's bull Phone Post 3.0

McBottery - God damnit can a mod move this shit?

Moving

RickStorm -
McBottery - God damnit can a mod move this shit?

Moving

Thanks. Phone Post 3.0

Stuff like that annoys the shit out of me. If the town/state wants revenue, raise taxes. It's fucked up to arbitrarily punish people because some politician doesn't want it on his record that he raised taxes.

What kills me is cops will do stuff like this and then wonder why people hate them.

Well, at least the neighborhood is now safer.

Wait...

Yup. Complete bullshit. They intentionally do these drastic drops with little warning so they can make money Phone Post 3.0

Was your ass too phat?

Woo woo Phone Post 3.0

Got a ticket myself about a month ago that was bullshit.

I was getting onto the highway from an overpass. Speed limit sign saying 60 mph was about 200 feet ahead after I merged, could see it while coming down the on-ramp. Well apparently, there was a 50 mph sign right before the overpass, which I had NO way of knowing about, or seeing. I fly by the cop, completely ignorant that I was speeding, only to see him dive back in his car and hit the lights. 65 in a 50.

Asshole wasted NO time giving me my ticket and getting back to his spot, didn't ask for my CCW, insurance or anything other than my ID.

Seedy Pea - Got a ticket myself about a month ago that was bullshit.

I was getting onto the highway from an overpass. Speed limit sign saying 60 mph was about 200 feet ahead after I merged, could see it while coming down the on-ramp. Well apparently, there was a 50 mph sign right before the overpass, which I had NO way of knowing about, or seeing. I fly by the cop, completely ignorant that I was speeding, only to see him dive back in his car and hit the lights. 65 in a 50.

Asshole wasted NO time giving me my ticket and getting back to his spot, didn't ask for my CCW, insurance or anything other than my ID.

If you have no way of seeing that it's 50 mph, you can fight it.

McBottery - On my way home from class, driving on the highway, speed limit 65. About a half mile out from some tolls I start slowing down to go through them. A little bit before the tolls, a cop walks out into the road motioning for me to pull over. (Hes able to step in front of my car since I'm only going about 20-25 by this point)

Says he caught me going 52 in a fucking 30. I guess they just randomly drop the speed limit 35 miles down about a little bit before the tolls or something, and he caught me at the point where it changes.

$220 ticket. Just absolute fucking bullshit. As I was pulling away the cop was already pulling someone else over.
Fight that shit Phone Post 3.0

BigWave Dave -
McBottery - On my way home from class, driving on the highway, speed limit 65. About a half mile out from some tolls I start slowing down to go through them. A little bit before the tolls, a cop walks out into the road motioning for me to pull over. (Hes able to step in front of my car since I'm only going about 20-25 by this point)

Yeah I'm going to. Guy is probably handing out so many tickets today he won't show up for all the hearings. Phone Post 3.0

I'm 37 and I just got pulled over and a ticket for the first time. Ran a red light putting a dip in, cop was right behind me what an idiot I am! Took my lickin $185.00 ticket. I'm just happy I never hurt anyone. Phone Post 3.0

Its all anout $afety

N0rman -
McBottery - 
BigWave Dave -

Yeah I'm going to. Guy is probably handing out so many tickets today he won't show up for all the hearings. Phone Post 3.0

Unfortunately, McBottery, that is one of those speed traps where the officer always wins.

"You're honor Officer Burglar clocked McBottery at 52 MPH. The device used was a Fuck'Em 250 radar speed monitor, which was calibrated and confirmed accurate 2 minutes before and 1 minute after monitoring McBottery's car. I then followed standard operating procedure and indicated for Mr. McBottery to pull to the side of the road from the designated safety spot. Etc. Etc."

The cop will lie, you'll tell the truth, the judge will take the officer's version of bible not even taking into consideration that the officer placed himself in harms way by stepping in front of a moving vehicle.

If you are lucky the officer who issued the citation will not be there. However, if another officer radared you, he can testify. If there is a video capture of your vehicle, I believe that can be used as evidence as well as the radar gun reading even if no officers are present. It's along the same lines as if you make a statement to an officer, then when court comes the officer has quit his job, your statement still can be used.

I sincerely wish you luck, but you're likely going to look like your Avatar by the time they get done with you.
Always fight it. Worst case you end up paying what you would anyways. I have been pulled over for speeding and technically was guilty but had them thrown out more than one occasion. Phone Post 3.0

I got pulled over going 75 in a 55 and got left off with a warning because I had a hoyt bowhunting sticker. He told me next time he'd take me to jail if I didn't have a Matthews sticker. Phone Post 3.0