Just had a session with Luiz Tannuri

Was awesome. Was about a two and a half hour session. Hour gi, hour no gi.
Was very fun and he was a great guy. Especially because he came to our back alley Aussie town.
Terrible photo but oh well

Phone Post

Are you standing on box ?? Or are you actually taller than Luiz " the monster " Tannuri ?

joemasepoos - Are you standing on box ?? Or are you actually taller than Luiz " the monster " Tannuri ?

Yeah just a little taller... Phone Post

That's awesome , I'm training with him next week in Sydney , really looking forward to it !

joemasepoos - That's awesome , I'm training with him next week in Sydney , really looking forward to it !

It was great. I'm sure you'll love it.
Afterward I went up and ask him a question, he looked me dead in the eye and talked to me like he really actually wanted to help me improve. Was great, haha I'm buzzing Phone Post

joemasepoos - That's awesome , I'm training with him next week in Sydney , really looking forward to it !

Jo when are you guys training next week? I was gonna come up on Friday and maybe do the Saturday lunch too. Phone Post

I going to his Brisbane seminar at 2pm this arvo. Glad to hear it's no Gi as well Phone Post

Achilles is the GOAT - I going to his Brisbane seminar at 2pm this arvo. Glad to hear it's no Gi as well Phone Post
Did you enjoy it as much as I did? Phone Post 3.0

Yeah mate, loved it.

Loved the take down he showed pulling them backwards falling in to side control and all the other moves.

Just a solid 2 and a bit hours of maybe 12 techniques. We had Dan Higgins and Daniel Lima there as well! 3 blacks in the one room was crazy to think about.

But Luiz and Dan where very cool. Good for a chat and really humble guys Phone Post

Daniel Lima was there as a participant so no disrespect to him Phone Post

Good stuff man! The takedowns were good, we don't drill takedowns often in class, so that was great.
And the butterfly defence/attack is something that I'd be using when rolling so it was good to have another tall guy talk me through it and help me learn it.
Just a great experience! Phone Post 3.0

You must be a big guy because he was massive!

I also like the north south chokes. I've been trying to pull them off lately just to add something different to my rolls, and to learn exactly what to concentrate on was cool, and then to take it even further by following your legs around and then crossing over his body was intense.

Good chatting with you mate. Helps to remember the techniques. What gum do you train at? I'm with Infinity Phone Post

Phone Post

Haha yeah I'm not a small dude...
It was good for us, we trained with Luiz on Monday and had a regular class on Tuesday. Went back over everything which really helps to drill it in.
I'm at a Peter De Been affiliate, just a small town gym in Maryborough Qld. Did the session in Hervey Bay. Phone Post 3.0