Just had knee surgery!

I recently had arthroscopic surgery for my knee. Had a torn ACL, MCL, a grade 5 chondral lesion and a microfracture on my patella and another tear on my meniscus.
Needless to say, I am currently not training but was wondering if anyone can let me know of solo drills that I can use whilst I am off the mats?

Thanks in advance. Phone Post 3.0

Ugh let the acl heal well. Be very careful. I had lots of setbacks when I had it done Phone Post 3.0

Really?! Hope you're back 100% now. Rehab exercises are a bitch but I know it's all for the best.
I also want to use the time to strengthen my bottom game by watching vids of guard and half-guard attacks as I envision being on my back a lot when I go back. Phone Post 3.0

NO. Rest. Do not attempt any drills. Do your PT and follow your dr's instruction. I tore ACL and MCL and was back on the mats 7 months after the injury. It's not that critical that you work drills in that time period. Don't be stupid.

shortyjj - NO. Rest. Do not attempt any drills. Do your PT and follow your dr's instruction. I tore ACL and MCL and was back on the mats 7 months after the injury. It's not that critical that you work drills in that time period. Don't be stupid.
I hear you. My doc after the op said no contact sports for 6-9 months, that's why I thought of solo drilling.

When you went back after 7 months, were you just drilling and no sparring? Phone Post 3.0

mister_sticks - 
shortyjj - NO. Rest. Do not attempt any drills. Do your PT and follow your dr's instruction. I tore ACL and MCL and was back on the mats 7 months after the injury. It's not that critical that you work drills in that time period. Don't be stupid.
I hear you. My doc after the op said no contact sports for 6-9 months, that's why I thought of solo drilling.

When you went back after 7 months, were you just drilling and no sparring? Phone Post 3.0

No, when I went back I went back full on. Of course I wasn't drilling heel hooks the first week, but my training partners are respectful and of course don't want me hurt. If I got in a position where I felt uncomfortable I just tapped and started over. The knee was physically fine. Perfectly fixed and stronger than ever. It was the mental block that I had to get over.

shortyjj -
mister_sticks - 

No, when I went back I went back full on. Of course I wasn't drilling heel hooks the first week, but my training partners are respectful and of course don't want me hurt. If I got in a position where I felt uncomfortable I just tapped and started over. The knee was physically fine. Perfectly fixed and stronger than ever. It was the mental block that I had to get over.
Yeah, I think the mental block is going to be a big hurdle for me, too. Being always conscious of getting injured again will be at the forefront of my mind in the months to come. Phone Post 3.0

mister_sticks - 
shortyjj -
mister_sticks - 

Yeah, I think the mental block is going to be a big hurdle for me, too. Being always conscious of getting injured again will be at the forefront of my mind in the months to come. Phone Post 3.0

The only time it really weighs on my mind now is when I'm doing judo or starting from the feet and over-extend for a throw. I injured the knee by missing a throw during BJJ sparring and my partner landed on my knee while my leg was fully extended. Again, physically it is fine. But mentally every time I step in for a trip or throw, I am apprehensive.

shortyjj -
mister_sticks - 
shortyjj -
mister_sticks - 

The only time it really weighs on my mind now is when I'm doing judo or starting from the feet and over-extend for a throw. I injured the knee by missing a throw during BJJ sparring and my partner landed on my knee while my leg was fully extended. Again, physically it is fine. But mentally every time I step in for a trip or throw, I am apprehensive.
Funny you should say that. I initially injured my knee on a botched outside trip and my partner landed on my leg whilst bent. Then after 3 weeks, another did a single leg on me and torqued the knee.
Needless to say, doing takedowns or sparring from standing since then creates a lot of trepidation on my part. Phone Post 3.0

MarsMan -
TheBearStare - Ugh let the acl heal well. Be very careful. I had lots of setbacks when I had it done Phone Post 3.0
I second that... Whenever you think you are ready, take a few more weeks and rehab a little more. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks. I appreciate the comment.

Just feels quite frustrating being off the mats since February when the injury happened. I just wished I had surgery soon after but the docs wanted to see whether PT rehab could do the trick. Sadly, it didn't. Phone Post 3.0

heres a question no one seems to ask when you see these threads....if youre out for lets say 6 months, but you want to come down and watch class what should you pay, if at all? lets say you originally pay 150 a month for 4-5 days a week....comp pro with a name or not as your prof....

whatevermoo - heres a question no one seems to ask when you see these threads....if youre out for lets say 6 months, but you want to come down and watch class what should you pay, if at all? lets say you originally pay 150 a month for 4-5 days a week....comp pro with a name or not as your prof....
I think this is a valid question.
When I realised that I wasn't coming back soon after I hurt my knee again, I cancelled my monthly fees. Because of this, even though I felt like coming over at times to watch, I felt I couldn't, I have stopped paying.
In saying that, I've seen guys come over around the last hour or so and just come for the sparring and not for the earlier technique part of the session.
I'm not sure what sort of arrangement they have (if any) with the instructors. Phone Post 3.0