Just had my first day of tech school

I just had my first day of heating and air and refrigeration Technical School. Overall it was boring we just kind of wasted the day away waiting to be called down for orientation. But I'm excited I've been waiting for this for 6 months. I think this is going to be a great field for me . I'm 25 then work night shifts in the food industry for the last couple years I had one kid and supported him just fine on that pay. We had a second one time to up my game and move up in the world I think this is a good way for me to do it. federal grants are going to pay for everything. Again I'm just throwing this out there because I'm excited. Phone Post 3.0

Sorry about the typos I got fat fingers Phone Post 3.0

Good luck! I am all for someone trying to better their life through hard work.

Thank you

That's the only way to improve your lot in life. Phone Post 3.0

Eventually shoot for being a contractor. Make that your end game. You can make a lot of money for someone else, or yourself.

Don't hesitate to ask for advice. I myself do hvac and I know a few others do here as well. Work is hard. Bust your ass learning service as soon as possible to get out of installs. You don't want to be running duct for years. And yes, people really do stay in the Install and attic work all their lives.

Are you going in with any prior knowledge? It's actually much more scientific and technical than you probably think. EPA certified yet? Phone Post 3.0

You fucked up.

Should have went to Veritech school. That shit's the wave of the future

Where are you? Keesler? Phone Post 3.0

Great! Improving yourself is always a great investment ...... Phone Post 3.0

Good job! Good luck! Phone Post 3.0

CurseoftheUFC - Eventually shoot for being a contractor. Make that your end game. You can make a lot of money for someone else, or yourself.

Don't hesitate to ask for advice. I myself do hvac and I know a few others do here as well. Work is hard. Bust your ass learning service as soon as possible to get out of installs. You don't want to be running duct for years. And yes, people really do stay in the Install and attic work all their lives.

Are you going in with any prior knowledge? It's actually much more scientific and technical than you probably think. EPA certified yet? Phone Post 3.0
I actually do have prior experience. I worked in a warehouse distributing the stuff for a year and a half. And then I went on to work with a contractor for 6 weeks doing home installs. My personality and his did not mesh. So I went a different route for a while. As I grew up my father was a contractor ran his own small business so I saw the inner workings of that my whole life. And my wife has been going to school for business in hopes of opening a business. The first semester I'm taking right now is for refrigeration & I will be epa certified at the end of the semester. Phone Post 3.0

Nice one OP.

Go for it. Phone Post 3.0

Odinson -
CurseoftheUFC - Eventually shoot for being a contractor. Make that your end game. You can make a lot of money for someone else, or yourself.

I actually do have prior experience. I worked in a warehouse distributing the stuff for a year and a half. And then I went on to work with a contractor for 6 weeks doing home installs. My personality and his did not mesh. So I went a different route for a while. As I grew up my father was a contractor ran his own small business so I saw the inner workings of that my whole life. And my wife has been going to school for business in hopes of opening a business. The first semester I'm taking right now is for refrigeration & I will be epa certified at the end of the semester. Phone Post 3.0
Nice. Having at least a general idea of how they work will help you a fuck ton in school. You'll see some people scratching their heads because they thought learning the actual ins and outs was going to be easy.

However, it is doable. And certainly if you bust your ass with a goal like being a contractor, eventually you'll be ready to do so. Unless you're a huge dumbass that gets stuck in the installs. No offense to your 6 weeks of installs. Obviously, you have to learn it and it's good practice. But you don't want to stay there forever.

You'll do good man. If your dads a contractor in hvac you'll have no problems, he can help you with your questions too.

Good luck, and props to becoming a better man and provider for your family. Phone Post 3.0

My pops ran a flooring install company not hvac. But learned a lot about running a small business. Phone Post 3.0