Just had to explain "brave" to my seven year old.

He had to write a journal on a time he was brave. He didn't exactly understand what that meant so I defined it for him like this.

"Doing something even when you're scared."

We used an example of when we went to the rock climbing gym. And how he went up the rocks even when he was scared.

Yet to drive the point home I had him watch the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan. I actually felt bad/ hurt having to show him something so raw. He's so young and as a parent it can be really hard to show your kids some hard truths.

The great thing was that he was mesmerized. He couldn't believe they kept going forward. When It was done I asked him if they were brave. His answer was an immediate "Yes, very brave." Phone Post 3.0

Now that was a legit cool story worthy of a VU Phone Post 3.0

Best example of bravery there is, imo.

ttt

Good Dad Phone Post 3.0

I look forward to hearing about his first journal on sex education. Phone Post 3.0

Ant C - I look forward to hearing about his first journal on sex education. Phone Post 3.0

Any scene with Max Hardcore should do.

You should step it up a notch and show him the rape scene from Irreversible.  Then ask him if he thought she was brave.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway"

Bravery/Courage pretty much the same right? Phone Post 3.0

VU OP. Phone Post 3.0

ShanTheMan - "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway"

Bravery/Courage pretty much the same right? Phone Post 3.0
Thought it was opposite. Thought bravery was overcoming fear and courage was absence of fear? Phone Post 3.0

SLOtownG - You showed the beginning of spr to a 7 year old to describe brave? You went 0 to 100 real quick. Phone Post 3.0
This. I'm laughing so hard right now. Phone Post 3.0

Soup and Beer -

You should step it up a notch and show him the rape scene from Irreversible.  Then ask him if he thought she was brave.

Lol Phone Post 3.0

SLOtownG - You showed the beginning of spr to a 7 year old to describe brave? You went 0 to 100 real quick. Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0

Phuckles -
I love the OG for comments like this. Also, well done OP... Sorta? 7 might be a tad young Phone Post 3.0

ChrisWeidmanedmydiameter -
Phuckles -
I love the OG for comments like this. Also, well done OP... Sorta? 7 might be a tad young Phone Post 3.0
Hell, Op. My dad only showed me Porkys and many other tit flicks at 7, but not full on war and carnage. Phone Post 3.0

Rudi -
Lol Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

Soup and Beer - 

Does he really want his son to start masturbating at 7?

I think it's important to teach kids that bravery isn't a lack of fear, fear can be healthy, it's the ability to face your fear. Hell I'm 26 and I forget that some times.

Your at the bar and your buddy want to bang a 6 but needs you, his wingman to get her friend the 3 out of the way.

You don't want to but for a chum you take that 3 to poundtown.

That son is courage. Phone Post 3.0