Just how bad is Troy, NY?

I'm looking at Rensselaer. After reading a bunch of reviews from students at the university almost every single one of them said they had been mugged or a friend had been mugged. Im curious about Stony Brook and Long Island as well.

Troy is nice, but it has bad parts. Lots of dumb college kids act dumb and pay the price. Troy and rensalear are noce, but the locals are rough and unforgiving. Phone Post 3.0

Stony brook is nice and very far from any shady areas Phone Post 3.0

It's only dangerous if you're looking for trouble or are stupid. Phone Post 3.0

Lays_Stax -

I'm looking at Rensselaer. After reading a bunch of reviews from students at the university almost every single one of them said they had been mugged or a friend had been mugged. Im curious about Stony Brook and Long Island as well.

If I were you I would strongly consider Stony Brook. It's a great campus and the area is very nice and upscale. Plus they have really good transportation to area stores like Walmart and Target. I don't see how someone wouldn't like it. Also there's an LIRR station right there in case you wanna travel to NYC. Phone Post 3.0

voodoo child -
Lays_Stax -

If I were you I would strongly consider Stony Brook. It's a great campus and the area is very nice and upscale. Plus they have really good transportation to area stores like Walmart and Target. I don't see how someone wouldn't like it. Also there's an LIRR station right there in case you wanna travel to NYC. Phone Post 3.0

Stony Brook is about three times the size of Rensselaer. I'd prefer to go to a smaller school. I'm still considering it though. I know Long Island is safe. I was just curious if anyone knows anything about the school itself.

TFK_Dagz - Stony brook is nice and very far from any shady areas Phone Post 3.0

This.

I live 10 minutes away. Stony Brook is a great school.L.I. is a nice place to live. Sure it has its share of nonsense and garbage towns. But you learn quickly.

Lays_Stax -
voodoo child -
Lays_Stax -

Stony Brook is about three times the size of Rensselaer. I'd prefer to go to a smaller school. I'm still considering it though. I know Long Island is safe. I was just curious if anyone knows anything about the school itself.

What you planning on studying?? Phone Post 3.0

voodoo child -
Lays_Stax -
voodoo child -
Lays_Stax -

Mathematics/Civil Engineering.

Lays_Stax -
voodoo child -
Lays_Stax -
voodoo child -
Lays_Stax -

Mathematics/Civil Engineering.

My cousin graduated from Stony Brook with a masters in Mechanical Engineering and is moving down to the Space Coast to work at NASA. I'd at least visit the campus and get a feel for it. It's a really nice area. But I do understand wanting to be at a smaller school. Phone Post 3.0