Just how good was Fight Club

This movie came out right around the time I was in college and my buddies wanted to watch the damn thing just about every weekend. I never really liked it all that much so I couldn't relate to all the love they had for it. I think this is mainly because I can't stand Brad Pitt.

Anyways, fast forward 15 years and it was playing on tv last night. I only caught first part of it right before Brad came into the movie. I was honestly kind of digging it. I'm just wondering if this movie is worth watching again? I've always liked Edward Norton but I just never really thought Fight Club was all that special. Its been a long time since I've seen though.

Well worth a watch imo . Good movie . What your deal with brad Pitt? Phone Post 3.0

Toni Savage - Well worth a watch imo . Good movie . What your deal with brad Pitt? Phone Post 3.0

I don't think he's all that great of an actor and he just rubs me the wrong way I guess. Not a fan.

Tyler Durden is the most important character in the movie. Shed your hate and embrace the story.

For me I hated it the first time I saw it because I wanted it to be about UFC fighters.

Then I saw it a second time and realized it was about existentialism. And I really liked it. Phone Post 3.0

Top 25 movie all time probably. Certainly top 10 from the 90s. Phone Post 3.0

It was, quite simply, the most important movie ever made for Gen X males.

Daniel Plainview - I saw Fight Club at 20 in the theatres and didn't understand it. 17 years or so later I fully get the monotony of a job and what society expects you to be and how to behave.

Fight Club is a masterpiece, however, you have to live life to a certain age to understand it. Phone Post 3.0
I agree with this Phone Post 3.0

dentalninja - It was, quite simply, the most important movie ever made for Gen X males.

Agreed. Also OP I'm predisposed to dislike Pitt but that doesn't stop it from being one of my favorite movies. Phone Post 3.0

I can't talk about it Phone Post 3.0

Good book. Good movie. Phone Post 3.0

One of the best movies ever made. Phone Post 3.0

I went to the cinema to watch it, think I was 15 when it came out, thought I was bad ass because I got into an 18 rated movie.

First time watching I didn't really understand it, but now I fucking love it. Phone Post 3.0

opieandjimmy -
Lux Fixxins - Awesome movie.

Not the miracle of cinema it's made out to be, but great flick. Phone Post 3.0
This.

I gotta read the book Phone Post 3.0
I own a signed first edition. Greatest thing ever made in film. Phone Post 3.0

Definitely a movie ahead of it's time, when you consider the point of it's ending as well.

It was alright. Phone Post 3.0

Daniel Plainview - I saw Fight Club at 20 in the theatres and didn't understand it. 17 years or so later I fully get the monotony of a job and what society expects you to be and how to behave.

Fight Club is a masterpiece, however, you have to live life to a certain age to understand it. Phone Post 3.0

I disagree. I saw it as a late teen and instantly understood the boredom of modern life and the drive to reclaim a real sense of manhood.

HULC -
Daniel Plainview - I saw Fight Club at 20 in the theatres and didn't understand it. 17 years or so later I fully get the monotony of a job and what society expects you to be and how to behave.

I disagree. I saw it as a late teen and instantly understood the boredom of modern life and the drive to reclaim a real sense of manhood.
I'm curious how. You weren't old enough to live through much of what the movie addresses by your late teens. The "boredom of modern life," kinda just scratches the surface. I didn't grasp everything until I had some life experience behind me.

I didnt like it, but it's because I went into it thinking it was going to be something totally different, so the whole time Im actually waiting for it to be what I expected it to be, and it never was. I was let down. Today I might actually like it, who knows

It's great! Phone Post 3.0