Just how "ready" is Raphael Butler?

Highlights

Who is he wrestling with? Whats the rumors about his TD defense? I wonder how many years has he been wrestling with good guys? Strikers need a few years with high level wrestlers to really let their wrestling defensive skills grow and develop.

He is definitely stepping up in competition fighting Nick Rossborough.

He is 8-0 and his powerful hands and boxing background make me really want to see him brought along right.

I've heard some say he will be champ in 2015 but he has not fought anybody yet and he is going to have to get through guys like Ivanov to get to Minakov. I think Butler has a great shot against Volkov and Kongo.

Watch, nobody is going to say anything about him and then he is going to KO a Johnson or Kongo level fighter and threads about how he is going to destroy Minakov will start popping up.

BJ Penn Forever - Highlights

Who is he wrestling with? Whats the rumors about his TD defense? I wonder how many years has he been wrestling with good guys? Strikers need a few years with high level wrestlers to really let their wrestling defensive skills grow and develop.

He is definitely stepping up in competition fighting Nick Rossborough.

He is 8-0 and his powerful hands and boxing background make me really want to see him brought along right.
He trains at Alliance MMA in San Diego which is the home of Dominic Cruz, Phil Davis, Alexander Gustafsson, Michael Chandler just to name a few :) Phone Post 3.0

Horrible cardio. A good wrestler would give him problems. His last boxing match was a loss to Chris Arreola Phone Post 3.0

Thanks RowdyBec.

Wonder who they are gonna given now.

I'd tune in to see him fight Johnson in a heart beat.

Bellator should cut him after that performance. Absolutely shameful. He was never going to be anything approaching a champ and anyone who said that was a moron.

Mr_Honky - Horrible cardio. A good wrestler would give him problems. His last boxing match was a loss to Chris Arreola Phone Post 3.0
Chris Arreloa beats 98% of boxers in the world. But butler got whooped Phone Post 3.0

Tomato Can - Bellator should cut him after that performance. Absolutely shameful. He was never going to be anything approaching a champ and anyone who said that was a moron.
That headbutt was dirty as hell. If you are gonna pull shit like that you better at least get an impressive finish. Phone Post 3.0

The funny part was that his wrestling and grappling actually were the highlight of his performance.

NICK0 - He knows how to cheat that's forsure! Phone Post 3.0

Hey with champs like Fingers Jones and top guys pissing hot once or twice to look up to, guys are learning sometimes ya gotta cheat.

That being said I first heard people hype Butler when I was hyping Ivanov and Minakov.

After what I saw last night I am even more sure that neither Ivanov or Minakov have anything to worry about with Bulter.

Any hype behind Butler was ridiculous to begin with. He was a crap journeyman boxer who turned to MMA after he lost 4 straight fights badly and wasn't even considered suitable as cannon fodder anymore.