Just notified by managemen: Thanks! Youre fired.

Welp, I'm 38 and this is not fun.

i work for a major defense contractor doing government investigations. The contractor just announced to us yesterday that in 30 days we will be unemployed as they have not found the contract to be financially successful. They pleaded for us to stay the course and help them close out cases in the next 30 days and spoke of a sevrence package (it won't be much).

So here we are boys, never been unemployed in my life. I gotta get moving and figure something out. 

Can you sh*t on you rdesk before you leave?

1 Like

Is this Dougie posting above me?

Dont understand the level of love this guy gets. He comes into many threads with shit like he posted above. Seems to be a smug little man. 

Why the fuck would be post that in response to what OP wrote?

OP finish it out but put out feelers immediately for a new job. 

3 Likes

Well, you didn't get fired. You got laid off. Government contracts get ended all the time. Dust off the resume and you'll be fine. Hit up usajobs.gov and look for your dream job. 

You got 30 days to get started on finding another job. I just put on a tee-shirt that stinks like ass and now I think I have to shower again (I won't). Perspective my guy 

1 Like

Raytheon ,lockeed Martin and Grumman . They have been pretty steady for a while now and might be hiring . Are you on the East Coast ?

1 Like

You are still young, likely have a pretty impressive resume for your field, and the government isn't slowing down at all handing out our tax money to defense contractors. 

Keep your head high and get out there and start looking! You have a new opportunity to find an even better career now!

Yamie Jagerbomb -

Dont understand the level of love this guy gets. He comes into many threads with shit like he posted above. Seems to be a smug little man. 

1 Like
DaveFu -

Well, you didn't get fired. You got laid off. Government contracts get ended all the time. Dust off the resume and you'll be fine. Hit up usajobs.gov and look for your dream job. 

This is true. It was a risk I took when going from a fed investigator to a contractor. 

Im in talks with a competitor contractor recruiter now and will likely be on the rebound soon. It's just crazy how fast these things fall apart.

Meastt - 
DaveFu -

This is true. It was a risk I took when going from a fed investigator to a contractor. 

Im in talks with a competitor contractor recruiter now and will likely be on the rebound soon. It's just crazy how fast these things fall apart.

https://www.caci.com/job/opm_job_opps.shtml

Were you with OPM before?

You can draw unemployment since you weren't fired. That will give you a little incoming money to help while you job hunt. 

I've been fired/let go/downsized a few times..... every single time has been a blessing in disguise.

Get your resume in order, develop a plan (more education? Different area that can use your skills.... etc) and take advantage of the opportunity to get an even better job.

change is good

chin up and go after it 

Yamie Jagerbomb - 

Tenors gonna 10...

How are your savings?

sparkyman - 

I've been fired/let go/downsized a few times..... every single time has been a blessing in disguise.

Get your resume in order, develop a plan (more education? Different area that can use your skills.... etc) and take advantage of the opportunity to get an even better job.

This.

It's happened to me and I used to springboard to something pretty good.

Hang in there!

..also...sh*t on your desk before you leave...

Slowshot -
Meastt - 
DaveFu -

This is who I am in talks with.

i May have to take a downgrade as I was in mentor investigator role since my background was as a FED previously, I was recruited to come to the contract side to help mentor new contract investigators. 

Either way, I'll take what I can get and work back up, attrition is high in this field. The cases are complex, gov rules are black/white and new investigators get frustrated quickly.

Yamie Jagerbomb -

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwi2x-LryfPjAhWNiOAKHamvBK0QjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgifer.com%2Fen%2FPus3&psig=AOvVaw1vH07zzUSWJXQpt-smeZBb&ust=1565364086889625

1 Like
Meastt - 
Slowshot -
Meastt - 
DaveFu -

This is who I am in talks with.

i May have to take a downgrade as I was in mentor investigator role since my background was as a FED previously, I was recruited to come to the contract side to help mentor new contract investigators. 

Either way, I'll take what I can get and work back up, attrition is high in this field. The cases are complex, gov rules are black/white and new investigators get frustrated quickly.

You in DMV?

I have to deal with you guys all the time as part of my job, and I never fail to find your stories interesting.