Just ordered a Golf R

What are your thoughts gents? Order will take 2-3 months.

Wanted an awd hatch Phone Post 3.0

Beautiful car, one of my favorites. Congrats. I hope to get one one day. Phone Post 3.0

I had a 64 bug when I was 15.

Great motor, congrats. Phone Post 3.0

I'm jealous. Phone Post 3.0

Huh , I guess car guys don't have to follow the rules about pictures ... Phone Post 3.0

I drove the last golf r, which had 40hp less than the new one, and the whole time I drove it I was thrilled. I'm not easy to thrill, unfortunately. Phone Post 3.0

Getting it in blue? I would. Phone Post 3.0

Stea1th - What are your thoughts gents? Order will take 2-3 months.

Wanted an awd hatch Phone Post 3.0

As a WRX owner, I am all about AWD Hatches and I LOVE the Golf R. Seriously thought about one before the WRX. Let me know what you think.

Is the manual available yet? I refuse to buy an automatic car.

Fake Pie - Is the manual available yet? I refuse to buy an automatic car.
I used to feel that way but manual is antiquated now. Auto is faster. It's too bad because I enjoy driving manual but if it's slower what's the point?

It used to be faster than auto. Phone Post 3.0

I went with DSG automatic because it's the only option available right now. Manuals won't be available to maybe end of year supposedly and the DSG is actually faster too. I've owned manual trans all my life, this will be my first auto and I'm okay with that.

I'm from NY.

It was pretty much msrp pricing and it was that's the price and we aren't changing it. Phone Post 3.0

Oh and it's a great far to lease for you gents that don't want to buy because the residual is 70%! Phone Post 3.0

Drove one around yesterday, it was badass. Phone Post 3.0

If I want topaz blue apparently the dealership has one in stock that was sold but the guy is MIA and isn't responding. They said they think he's going to cancel but i kinda don't want blue. Phone Post 3.0

Canooke - 
Fake Pie - Is the manual available yet? I refuse to buy an automatic car.
I used to feel that way but manual is antiquated now. Auto is faster. It's too bad because I enjoy driving manual but if it's slower what's the point?

It used to be faster than auto. Phone Post 3.0

Auto is faster if it is the right kind, but yeah you are right. That said, I still would get it because:

1) More fun.

2) Less shit to break.

3) Still cheaper, or is it?

Stea1th - I went with DSG automatic because it's the only option available right now. Manuals won't be available to maybe end of year supposedly and the DSG is actually faster too. I've owned manual trans all my life, this will be my first auto and I'm okay with that.

I'm from NY.

It was pretty much msrp pricing and it was that's the price and we aren't changing it. Phone Post 3.0

I also get that. I can barely stand my manual in traffic. If I lived somewhere like LA or NY, I would have to give it up :(

I think my next car is a Tesla if that model 3 becomes a reality, so I am probably going that way eventually.

Stea1th - Oh and it's a great far to lease for you gents that don't want to buy because the residual is 70%! Phone Post 3.0

Ive never leased. What does the residual mean?

How is the interior space?

The place I got my WRX from also sells VW, so I always think about the Golf R maybe next year or so (though like I said, thinking about that Tesla too).

Lease you pay the depreciation so the higher the residual the better. Meaning the price the car will be after your lease is up. The golf r holds its value so lease payments are low. Phone Post 3.0