Just ordered a Golf R

I have a 2015 gti and love it. Was going to go with a WRX but the GTI was way more civilized and considering I've driven 13,000 miles in 5 months, I think I made a good choice.

The car is a blast to drive except the front breaks loose easy so I'm sure with AWD it will be amazing.

I'm jealous because I wanted it but couldn't wait. Took a new job and there was no way I was driving a GMC Sierra as much as I am now.

I still have my prerunner when I'm in the mood for v8 off-road fun :) Phone Post 3.0

Also, you'll love the dsg "fart" Phone Post 3.0

H Bomb the World - I have a 2015 gti and love it. Was going to go with a WRX but the GTI was way more civilized and considering I've driven 13,000 miles in 5 months, I think I made a good choice.

The car is a blast to drive except the front breaks loose easy so I'm sure with AWD it will be amazing.

I'm jealous because I wanted it but couldn't wait. Took a new job and there was no way I was driving a GMC Sierra as much as I am now.

I still have my prerunner when I'm in the mood for v8 off-road fun :) Phone Post 3.0

Wow I am barely at 15K at 2.5 years :)

And yeah I wanted a manual, fast, hatchback, AWD, so at the time (2012, buying a 2013), I really didn't have much other options than the WRX.

Read "golf r" and thought pffft gay

Then I saw the pic and thought hmmm pretty badass

Car looks great Phone Post 3.0

Can't beat my 98 mk3 ;) Phone Post 3.0

Congrats! Awesome car. If I was in the market for a new car the 2015 golf r would be on my shortlist Phone Post 3.0

Congrats, I am leasing a GLI and was seriously considering the R until a 14 S4 fell Ito my lap when my lease runs up.

Fake Pie - 
Canooke - 
Fake Pie - Is the manual available yet? I refuse to buy an automatic car.
I used to feel that way but manual is antiquated now. Auto is faster. It's too bad because I enjoy driving manual but if it's slower what's the point?

It used to be faster than auto. Phone Post 3.0

Auto is faster if it is the right kind, but yeah you are right. That said, I still would get it because:

1) More fun.

2) Less shit to break.

3) Still cheaper, or is it?

And I'm pretty sure Audi/VW has the best auto transmission there is. It's a dual clutch, really fast shifts.

I feel like manual is not only fun but an art form when done well, but part of the coolness of it was always the sporty results. The dual clutch will annihilate manual shifting.

The golf R is so fucking sexy. Phone Post 3.0

"292 horsepowers"

Chomas -
H Bomb the World - I have a 2015 gti and love it. Was going to go with a WRX but the GTI was way more civilized and considering I've driven 13,000 miles in 5 months, I think I made a good choice.

I have a 2014 GLI Edition 30 in manual and love it, I paid $27k for it this past July, 0.9% interest loan which I consider a good deal  I wanted AWD at the time, but the STi was a gas hog, obnoxiously loud, and had little rims.  Really happy with my car but I still want AWD and more torque.

Yeah I feel you on the more power. I'm looking at an ARP tune after June so hopefully that along with a upgraded dog bone and tires, it'll hold me over.

The more I think about it, the golf r is probably one of the best cars under 50. Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post 3.0

My bro ordered his a few days ago. Looks pretty sweet! Phone Post 3.0

What's the MSRP? Phone Post 3.0

Canooke - 
Fake Pie - 
Canooke - 
I used to feel that way but manual is antiquated now. Auto is faster. It's too bad because I enjoy driving manual but if it's slower what's the point?

Auto is faster if it is the right kind, but yeah you are right. That said, I still would get it because:

1) More fun.

2) Less shit to break.

And I'm pretty sure Audi/VW has the best auto transmission there is. It's a dual clutch, really fast shifts.

I feel like manual is not only fun but an art form when done well, but part of the coolness of it was always the sporty results. The dual clutch will annihilate manual shifting.

Yeah, I am not trying to argue, you are right. I just like it.

namrepus - What's the MSRP? Phone Post 3.0

Not to be a know it all, but wrong question. Look up the invoice and start from there. Then look up what people are buying it for in your part of the country (over/under invoice).

Fake Pie -
Canooke - 
Fake Pie - 
Canooke - 

1) More fun.

2) Less shit to break.

Yeah, I am not trying to argue, you are right. I just like it.
I was just adding further thoughts, not rebutting you. Manual IS really fun, I'm with you there. I also feel safer with it in the snow. Phone Post 3.0

Now with the ability to control the shifts you have a faster ability to shift. Not to mention it also rev matches.

When you have gear 3 selected the car has gears 2-4 already loaded and ready to go apparently. Phone Post 3.0

You need a manual in this car. It's 1000$ cheaper. Maintenance will be much less as the DSG needs a service at 60k and if it ever goes you are going to be paying out the ass. The DSG is faster but I would still take the manual in this car.