Just read CNN public comments/Snowden interview

like 3 out of 5 comments are like "Die traitor!" "uppity liberal traitor!"

We have such a long way to go. People are so brainwashed it's disgusting. Most people just don't care about their own civil liberties anymore. It's sad. Phone Post 3.0

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

WhoppersJr - I find the people who think Snowden did something remarkable are the most naive of all.

You had to have been an absolute moron to not know that the US spied on other governments and citizens (and that all other major powers do basically the same). That some people seems genuinely surprised by his 'revelations' is what I found most surprising.

That said, he's an anime loving dork who is freezing his ass off in Russia while he tries to get some tropical country to accept his asylum. Nothing he revealed has or will change anything, and he should have kept his mouth shut and collected his juicy pay cheques for as long as he could.

If it was no big revelation, why does the government want to prosecute him?

I have, like many, for years believed the government lies to us.

But believing isn't the same as knowing for sure and about what.

Snowden has brought light to some of the lies. I am fascinated by the scope of it all and the ease with which the government treats its citizens like retarded children. Phone Post 3.0

Sandy Pantz - 
WhoppersJr - I find the people who think Snowden did something remarkable are the most naive of all.

You had to have been an absolute moron to not know that the US spied on other governments and citizens (and that all other major powers do basically the same). That some people seems genuinely surprised by his 'revelations' is what I found most surprising.

That said, he's an anime loving dork who is freezing his ass off in Russia while he tries to get some tropical country to accept his asylum. Nothing he revealed has or will change anything, and he should have kept his mouth shut and collected his juicy pay cheques for as long as he could.
<br />
If it was no big revelation, why does the government want to prosecute him?</blockquote>

Exactly.

And why have the director of the NSA and the POTUS get on TV and lie to our faces about it if it's no big deal?

Also, the same people that are saying you have to be stupid to not have realized they were doing that would have called you a conspiracy theory nutjob just a year ago.

And it's a stupid argument anyway.  You could say the same thing about some criminal caught burglarizing a house.  Why prosecute him?  You'd have to be stupid to not realize a criminal would want to steal stuff from you.  What's the big deal?

You sir, said it like a boss.

If what he said was some 'big revelation', how come the US government hasn't been ostracized by all other world powers? Oh yes....because everyone spies on each other and its business as usual.

You haven't been paying attention.  We are being ostracized.  Germany isn't too happy with us right now with the Merckel incedent.  And other nations are looking into clamping down on internet security or getting on a whole different backbone to seperate us from them.

And why are you posting on the Internet right now, knowing that all your information and correspondence could possibly be obtained by the government?

I believe that is part of what the complaints are about.  The only way to stop their invasion of privacy and taking away our constitutional rights is to go completely off the grid and live in the swamp somewhere.  I personally don't really want to do that.  The same thing with stopping a home invasion.  You could say that if I'm so scared about being burglarized, why haven't I hired security guards to patrol my home 24/7?

I wouldn't put too much weight in to those comments.
For all we know these are disinfo agents paid to spam these forums.

The brain washed "merica!" Crowd on the right is just as determined to ruin this country as those on the left saying "if you didn't know this already your an idiot".

We should be burning public buildings and demanding trials and prosecution! Instead we the people have been pitted against each other to the effect of gridlocking any power we have, and allowing the string pullers to rape and pillage our country. Phone Post 3.0

alkysmurf - The brain washed "merica!" Crowd on the right is just as determined to ruin this country as those on the left saying "if you didn't know this already your an idiot".

We should be burning public buildings and demanding trials and prosecution! Instead we the people have been pitted against each other to the effect of gridlocking any power we have, and allowing the string pullers to rape and pillage our country. Phone Post 3.0

THIS

WhoppersJr - I find the people who think Snowden did something remarkable are the most naive of all.

Did you realky expect that it was to that extent?! Phone Post 3.0

Sandy Pantz - 

100 years ago he would have been publicly executed for the same common knowledge. Everyone knows the CIA is a big international spy outfit, it's not like they are only going after Al Queda.

Thing is, people get this impression that the CIA is a top tier secret ops organization, but they are really second rate for spying when you put them next to the British, Canadians, Germans and Russians. Hell, Canada's secret forces are kept under the radar enough that most Canadians don't even know CSIS exists.

alkysmurf - The brain washed "merica!" Crowd on the right is just as determined to ruin this country as those on the left saying "if you didn't know this already your an idiot".

Burning buildings? That's what the NDAA was passed for. Anyone wanting real change from now on will come face to face with the full power of the US military. You will learn your place and not speak out against the government when you are looking down the barrel of an M1 Abrahms tank Phone Post 3.0

The posts by whoppersjr are some of the dumbest fucking things I read all week. If you don't know why Snowden's leaks are a big deal, you might literally be braindead. There is a reason a federal judge has said the NSA wiretapping is likely unconstitutional, because of Snowden.

Hearsay is different from concrete evidence you stupid piece of dogshit. Phone Post 3.0

Kinkle - The posts by whoppersjr are some of the dumbest fucking things I read all week. If you don't know why Snowden's leaks are a big deal, you might literally be braindead. There is a reason a federal judge has said the NSA wiretapping is likely unconstitutional, because of Snowden.

Hearsay is different from concrete evidence you stupid piece of dogshit. Phone Post 3.0

The brainless rednecks and die hard Team Blue democrats desperate to defend Obama will just call the federal judge a traitor.  I'm also quite sure the NSA is looking at that federal judge's emails for the last 10 years to find anything they can use against him. I would not be surprised if they arrested him for some unrelated crime after this has died down a bit.

WhoppersJr -
thirdleg - You seem pretty worked up actually.

Ya, I'm pretty excited for tonight. Going to watch Christmas Vacation on bluray.
So you are just running your mouth for no reason? Phone Post 3.0

Shills posting comments on CNN makes perfect sense. Phone Post 3.0

WhoppersJr -
thirdleg - You seem pretty worked up actually.

Ya, I'm pretty excited for tonight. Going to watch Christmas Vacation on bluray.
I hope your blu-ray explodes in your face. Phone Post 3.0

"If she's so upset, how come the US diplomats haven't been tossed out of Germany, along with businesses and citizens?"

Well you gotta admit we have all the nukes and are the biggest bully on the planet. I think those govt's who comlpain are very cautious of becoming the latest country to taste our latest import brand of democracy...you know, th type of deomcracy that involves and invasion.

Also, Brazil, is one of those countries that has chosen the economic route to get back at us for the anal probing we gave them. They decided to cancel a 4 billion contarct:

"With the F/A-18 rejected, which had been Brazil’s favorite up until Snowden’s revelations started to unravel, Brazil will buy 12 JAS 39 Gripen-NG fighters initially at a cost of 4 billion USD, intending to buy a total of 36 aircraft."

In my opinion, you should get some deprogramming done on you. A student of history you are probably not, otherwise, your opinion would be vastly different.

So to answer your question, a third world country, Brazil, just flipped us the finger!

Serious question... If the NSA was required to have full transparency, would we be at a higher risk for a terrorist attack? Phone Post 3.0