Just Rewatched Gustafsson v. Thiago Silva

ChaosOverkill -

gotta loved these 2nd tier trolls. Trolling when bored (often) ands then try to offer some knowledge they don't have an get mad when people remember the trolling and mistake stupidity for trolling.

Its all fery fun and migrane grade irony

Sounds like you got it all figured out. Phone Post

ausgepicht - 
Gokudamus stole my name -
ausgepicht -  I don't get the Gegard hate. He's not new to the sport and people forget that he's beaten Jacare, Mark Hunt, Babalu, Dong, Hector Lombard, and just last month he beat Mike Kyle.

Gus has beaten Shogun and it's Gegard who should be concerned?!?! Phone Post

So he beat a bunch of 185 pound guys and a green HW kickboxer wich now makes him the next big thing in the UFC?

He lost to Lawal who just got KTFO by a 14-1 underdog

And while there is zero doubt he beat Jardine. He still looked like shit and was taken down in the early rounds by a guy who fought him on 7 days notice. This is the same Jardine that Thiago Silva smashed in 1 round

Who the hell said anything about the next big thing? What are you talking about? Everyone is talking about Mousasi folding under pressure and I mentioned his wins to illustrate that pressure won't be an issue. I have no idea what you read into it. Phone Post

None of those guys are even in the same universe as Shogun. Im not even sure if you were trolling when writing "Mike Kyle" and following it up with "Gus has beaten Shogun, and its Gegard who should be concerned?!?"

ausgepicht -
john joe -
Anderson's BBC in my Goku -  Ummm jardine? Phone Post

one of the most bullshit decisions i have ever seen; what the fuck the judges were on i do not know

This. Lol@the asshat that brought that up. It's a decision that is competitive with Hamil/Bisping. Phone Post

The point dumbfuck is that gusto is leagues above jardine in terms of striking ability so the claim that mousasi will kill gusto is dumb. Phone Post

ausgepicht -  I don't get the Gegard hate. He's not new to the sport and people forget that he's beaten Jacare, Mark Hunt, Babalu, Dong, Hector Lombard, and just last month he beat Mike Kyle.

So he beat a bunch of 185 pound guys and a green HW kickboxer wich now makes him the next big thing in the UFC?

And while there is zero doubt he beat Jardine. He still looked like shit and was taken down in the early rounds by a guy who fought him on 7 days notice. This is the same Jardine that Thiago Silva smashed in 1 round

This. And gusto completely shut thiago down. Phone Post

ausgepicht -

Who the hell said anything about the next big thing? What are you talking about? Everyone is talking about Mousasi folding under pressure and I mentioned his wins to illustrate that pressure won't be an issue. I have no idea what you read into it. Phone Post

Your an angry little fuck aren't u. The point my paranoid friend is that noone is shitting on Gerard. I'm a fan and think he's extremely skilled. The point is that the claim that he will destroy gusto based on his fight with thiago is dumber than shit. Phone Post

Anderson's BBC in my Goku -

Lmao. No he didn't. Thiago Silva rocked Gus many times. Gus did the Guida dance for 75% of the fight. Phone Post

Pessimist_Pete -

Lmao. No he didn't. Thiago Silva rocked Gus many times. Gus did the Guida dance for 75% of the fight. Phone Post

Neither of those claims are true. He fought the perfect fight against Thiago keeping him at range with constant jabs and front kicks, and engaged all fight long, instigating most of the exchanges. Yeah, he skipped away at the end but whatever...it was not a performance to be anything but proud of. Secondly, Silva connected 2 or 3 times with solid shots, and maybe got Gus's attention with one of them. Mousasi is in for a long night IMO. Phone Post

Pessimist_Pete - 

numbers dont lie

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/04/gustafsson-vs-silva-official-ufc.html

and thiago ktfo jardine...

yeah, mma math usually doesnt work, but when we are talking about standup fights, it works to the certain extent...

now this all isnt to say gegard cant win...he definitely can win..but theres a reason he is a significant underdog...

ausgepicht - 

None of those guys are even in the same universe as Shogun. Im not even sure if you were trolling when writing "Mike Kyle" and following it up with "Gus has beaten Shogun, and its Gegard who should be concerned?!?"

If jacare fought shogun at 205 I'd pick jacare. Phone Post

peppo - I watched Gustafsson beat Shogun handily. Then I watched Mousasi fight a shitty fight against OSP, and lose to King Mo who just got KTFO by some random dude.

First and foremost he beat the shit out of King Mo.

Second Mousasi fought the "wrestle fuck you to death" king mo and not the boxer king mo that the "14-1" underdog fought. Mousasi would have raped boxer king mo. Phone Post

Who gives a fuck? You can pick Minowa to beat Shogun too

That picture of Keith was pre fight! Phone Post

Gokudamus stole my name - Who gives a fuck? You can pick Minowa to beat Shogun too

You don't have to agree but jacare has a serious chance. The discrediting of mousasis wins are Silly. But be illogical Phone Post

caseharts - 
Gokudamus stole my name - Who gives a fuck? You can pick Minowa to beat Shogun too

You don't have to agree but jacare has a serious chance. The discrediting of mousasis wins are Silly. But be illogical Phone Post

Obviously i dont agree. Jacare has beaten nobody, he won the Strikeforce belt against Tim Kennedy because Shields left, he defended it against Robbie Lawler and then got his ass kicked by Luke Rockhold who was the first real opponent he fought at 185.

What you think would happen in a fantasy matchup is irrelevant. What is fact is that Shogun has accomplished more in MMA than Jacare.

caseharts - 

Obviously i dont agree. Jacare has beaten nobody, he won the Strikeforce belt against Tim Kennedy because Shields left, he defended it against Robbie Lawler and then got his ass kicked by Luke Rockhold who was the first real opponent he fought at 185.

What you think would happen in a fantasy matchup is irrelevant. What is fact is that Shogun has accomplished more in MMA than Jacare.

Shogun had done way more than gus in mma. Your point is null. Phone Post

And the luke jacare fight was close very close. .. Phone Post

caseharts - 
caseharts - 

Shogun had done way more than gus in mma. Your point is null. Phone Post

Gus is not a MW that moved up a weight class.

caseharts - 

And the luke jacare fight was close very close. .. Phone Post

YOU thought Jacare won? Color me shocked

Mousasi might be the most overrated fighter on the UG right now.  When he fought OSP, he was so tired by the third that OSP won the round off him.  Gustafsson prob by 5 round dec.

caseharts -  And the luke jacare fight was close very close. .. Phone Post

YOU thought Jacare won? Color me shocked

No I thought luke won but don't act like it was a one sided beat down like Jones shogun Phone Post