Just saw a couple fight in the street over a phone

Driving home, I'm on Rosecrans in a sort of ghetto part of town and pull up to a stop light at a 4-way intersection. I notice that the car in the left hand turn lane of the cross street has the passenger door wide open. Immediaetly I see what appears to be a cell phone thrown into the middle of the intersection. The driver's door opens and a woman jogs into the intersection to get the phone. Seeing this, the man in the passsenger seat who threw the phone BOLTS after the phone, gets to the phone a little before her and  does a running soccer kick on it,  whereupon it rolls end on end with little pieces of plastic flying everywhere. As the light turns green they have abandoned their car in the left hand turn lane, both doors wide open and are quasi-physically fighting in the intersection. Middle aged black couple, FWIW.  I had zero urge to get involved in this and drove away as the light turned green. But I was curious what it was about.

Theories...?

My guess it was HIS cell phone and he didn't want her to see what was on it so he destroyed it

OR

He was so sick of seeing her constantly on the phone he snapped and chucked it.

That is all.

I've seen variations of this no less than 5 times... Usually a younger , couple. Phone Post 3.0

rustyshakleford - I've seen variations of this no less than 5 times... Usually a younger , couple. Phone Post 3.0

Really? like smashing the phone kinda stuff..?

Usually a smash the evidence deal. Phone Post 3.0

shen -
rustyshakleford - I've seen variations of this no less than 5 times... Usually a younger , couple. Phone Post 3.0

I know, sounds outlandish ,,but I've seen some epic meltdowns, was a bouncer in college,,,, would see dudes yank phones out of their girls hands,.. Chicks smashing dudes in the head with their purses... Phone Post 3.0

Drug kingpin with throwaway phone + female DEA agent imo. Phone Post 3.0

She be cheating on him or vice versa.

Shen thread? In.

SoccerkickrevivaL - Shen thread? In.

It's not gonna be an intersting one... this actually happened.

rustyshakleford - 
shen -

I know, sounds outlandish ,,but I've seen some epic meltdowns, was a bouncer in college,,,, would see dudes yank phones out of their girls hands,.. Chicks smashing dudes in the head with their purses... Phone Post 3.0

Yeah.... I got hit in the head with a purse once. I didnt think women actually did that until I got hit. It wasnt till the second or third hit that I realized she was trying to pummel me with her purse.

And Ive seen many cell phones launched for distance or spiked due to arguments. Funny shit. Never in the iphone age. This was more when I was in college and phones were a bit cheaper.

They're part of a large organized crime syndicate. You witnessed their attempt to destroy some of the evidence before the NSA/CIA could track them down. It's the only logical reasoning, imo. Phone Post 3.0

shen -
SoccerkickrevivaL - Shen thread? In.

It's not gonna be an intersting one... this actually happened.

You're a legend. Phone Post 3.0

Submissable -
rustyshakleford - 
shen -

Yeah.... I got hit in the head with a purse once. I didnt think women actually did that until I got hit. It wasnt till the second or third hit that I realized she was trying to pummel me with her purse.

And Ive seen many cell phones launched for distance or spiked due to arguments. Funny shit. Never in the iphone age. This was more when I was in college and phones were a bit cheaper.
I saw some deplorable behavior Phone Post 3.0