Just saw an early screening of Purge.

Just got out of an advanced screening; movie is only around 70 minutes long. Not very good at all. Phone Post 3.0

Dammit. Phone Post

It's super rushed; not scary and you will laugh at multiple parts. Phone Post 3.0

That's what I was kind of afraid of. The previews looked like it had a great premise, but then just turned into a regular home invasion type movie - The Strangers, Panic Room, Straw Dogs etc. (The original Straw Dogs is great btw) Phone Post

Lets put it this way; the Strangers blows this movie outta the water. But it is really short, movie started at 7:30, got out around 8:45. Phone Post 3.0

Meh, I was excited for this Phone Post

weebrave - Meh, I was excited for this Phone Post
Yeah I was pretty excited too; they should have just made the movie about 30 minutes longer. Phone Post 3.0

Guess I'm waiting for dvd Phone Post 3.0

Looks lame

I've seen it. Wasn't great had potential but left feeling like it could have been so much better Phone Post

Seriously, how can you have a 70 minute movie? Phone Post 3.0

Bryan72 - Seriously, how can you have a 70 minute movie? Phone Post 3.0

By making a movie which lasts aprox' 70 minutes.

They die at the end?

Looked like a cross between The Strangers and Hostage. Cool idea, but I could tell from the trailer it would be garbage. Phone Post 3.0

That's a pretty long time to tell one story...if you tell stories well.

Funny that the chief complaint is that this "bad" movie wasn't LONG enough ?

So you want more.."not good?"

?

Or is it.good but. unconventional?

Saw it last Friday - opened here general release and I think the running time is 85mins.

The trailer isn't even interesting . . . Phone Post 3.0

The whole 'purge' idea is fantastic and pretty original...

Too bad the trailer already shows you that it quickly abandons all originality for a run of the mill home invasion movie...

Fuck Hollywood.

They could've focused on the purge... They could've focused on the purge....(wahhhhhhh) Phone Post 3.0

i think the "purge" idea is ridiculous.

DRevan -

That's a pretty long time to tell one story...if you tell stories well.

Funny that the chief complaint is that this "bad" movie wasn't LONG enough ?

So you want more.."not good?"

?

Or is it.good but. unconventional?
it just felt rushed. They the a decent setup and then it rushes thru The Purge, and then they throw a small predictable twist towards the end. Like someone said in an earlier post, if they had focused more on the purge it would have been a lot better. It's not even remotely scary, or creepy. Its really not even that violent. You'll laugh at few things in the movie. It had a ton of potential, with a cool premise, but it was definitely wasted. Phone Post 3.0