Just saw the fight, Jones won but was not himself.

Obviously a close fight but (without a detailed analysis) would lean towards Gustafsson winning the first, Jones winning the 4th and 5th.

2nd and 3rd rounds were tough to score.

That having been said, Jones did not look like his normal self.

I realize that some of you will argue that Jones was neutralized by Gustafsson but I would tend to disagree.

Simply put, Jones did not showcase any of his typical athleticism, explosiveness or crafty fighting style.

Joe questioned whether or not he has fully recovered from his toe injury. I think this could be a factor though Jones made no mention of it. He simply said that he needs to refine his training...

I think his confidence was going dowm after every failed takedown attempt. And when he got taken down i'm sure it fucked with his head. I also believe he won 48-47 but it was definitely a close one! Phone Post 3.0

No, that's him being himself while regulary getting punched in the face. He doesn't have much defensively besides sticking his hand straight in his opponent's face and he never has. Phone Post

DumpsterBaby - No, that's him being himself while regulary getting punched in the face. He doesn't have much defensively besides sticking his hand straight in his opponent's face and he never has. Phone Post
This Phone Post 3.0

I am a Jones fan, but I never thought he was in control of the fight at all. I do feel it was close enough to call it either way. Gus deserves a rematch.

He was himself he just wasnt fighting a 5ft 10" MW like he ususaly does.