Just shot my first deer

Shiloh - Lol@being all amped up from shooting a deer. This is why people think hunters are weird. Nobody faults people for providing their own meat to eat (if you actually do it and not just say you do it) but the bizarre rush/gratification/getting off aspect is psycho.

No offense lol. Phone Post 3.0
You have never hunted anything have you Phone Post 3.0

Wifespowerbottom -
Shiloh - Lol@being all amped up from shooting a deer. This is why people think hunters are weird. Nobody faults people for providing their own meat to eat (if you actually do it and not just say you do it) but the bizarre rush/gratification/getting off aspect is psycho.

Or it could be that you just took the life out of living breathing being and have mixed emotions. Phone Post 3.0
Could be! Phone Post 3.0

nudmamer - Shiloh, I can see how it seems crazy, but fishing and now hunting gets me reved maybe it's instinctual, maybe it's psycho. It's certainly not for everyone. And yes the intention is to provide meat in the freezer. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah I hear you. I'm not against deer hunting for meat or anything. Phone Post 3.0

Barbasol -

You have never hunted anything have you Phone Post 3.0
Haha clearly not. Pretty sure I never will lol. But whatever if other people do. Phone Post 3.0

Shooting does...that sounds so weird being from CA! I wish we could manage our doe population here. Phone Post 3.0

If you don't feel anything after, whether is be sadness/happiness/pumped then you might be a psycho. Just like the other poster said it is mixed emotions. For some you can go from:

"Dammit, I just killed something."

to

"Awesome, my freezer is going to be full."

In a matter of seconds.

Hunting is not my thing but I dont pass judgement so congrats! Phone Post 3.0

Congrats on the deer.

Bullet - Shooting does...that sounds so weird being from CA! I wish we could manage our doe population here. Phone Post 3.0

No joke!