Just started watching hockey; perfect sport?

I watched the playoffs last year and this year so far for the nhl. Hockey is awesome!

The rules aren't complicated, you can understand 95% of the penalties and shit once they happen.

No flopping or trying to earn penalties. Both soccer and American football are full of that crap.

It's fast and action packed. Penalties and fouls slow stuff down but usually it's right when you're ready for a break. The games are so intense, the breaks are usually timed well.

It's just such a rad sport.

It's a little tough to follow the line changes but after only a couple of games it's easy to follow the puck and where it should be heading based on the play. Phone Post 3.0

I am biased, but yes, it is perfect. Phone Post 3.0

It's awesome. And you're correct about the puck. Don't bother trying to see it, just pay attention to the play around it. Phone Post 3.0

sublime13 - I am biased, but yes, it is perfect. Phone Post 3.0
I'm extremely unbiased.

I mean, as far as major team sports go, it's fucking awesome. Any team I want to win is falling apart, but it's still fun to watch. Phone Post 3.0

Fell in love a few years ago. Never gave it a chance and i regret that Phone Post 3.0

No flopping... unless you're Subban.

There actually definitely is some flopping in hockey, I would say it is harder to spot than in other sports though.  And not as common overall.

I remember when they tried out the "glow puck" on screen to help people follow the puck...didnt last too long.

As a Canadian, I am biased, but there is nothing...and I mean nothing that beats playoff hockey.

I'm Canadian so i'm biased but there's no doubt it's a great sport that translates nicely onto the tv Phone Post 3.0

Picked it up this season. Great sport to watch. Awesome live Phone Post 3.0

McBottery - 

No flopping... unless you're Subban.

There actually definitely is some flopping in hockey, I would say it is harder to spot than in other sports though.  And not as common overall.

true!

go bruins.....

now I am from Maine so I am bit biases as well......best sport ever live!!

I'm a new hokey fan as well. Still trying to understand the game as a whole but its cool even if you don't get it 100%. Playoff hockey is pretty incredible and maybe when we get deeper in the tournament it will be better but as far as excitement I don't think you can beat a NFC/afc title game. Something about it being one game and not a series amps it up to me personally. Phone Post 3.0

da Vinci 81 - It's awesome. And you're correct about the puck. Don't bother trying to see it, just pay attention to the play around it. Phone Post 3.0

I dunno, as someone who grew up playing hockey, i can generally just look up and track the puck pretty much immediately.  The cameramen in the NHL are pretty good for keeping it fairly focused, and watching in HD, it should be pretty easy to follow a black puck on a white surface.

I am biased as a Canadian, but nothing beats playoff hockey!

I think hockey was the sport that benefited the most from HD TV - the widescreen is perfect for the shape of the rink and the sharper image is great because for casual viewers it's tough to follow the puck.

PK Subban has been an absolute beast these playoffs - what a great player and he's so fun to watch

Detachable Penis - I'm a new hokey fan as well. Still trying to understand the game as a whole but its cool even if you don't get it 100%. Playoff hockey is pretty incredible and maybe when we get deeper in the tournament it will be better but as far as excitement I don't think you can beat a NFC/afc title game. Something about it being one game and not a series amps it up to me personally. Phone Post 3.0

While I agree a 1 game playoff is cool, because it's such an event... the 7 game series is so fucking cool because you build the storylines over the games... see how the team's react to each other... go back and forth between cities.. hell even the fans will react to the fans in the opposing arena too

Is it the perfect sport? Does the tin man have a sheet metal cock? Phone Post 3.0

Try to attend an NHL game live. You will be amazed at how fast the game really is. It looks much slower on TV. Phone Post 3.0

Playoff hockey is best on earth

PR - I am biased as a Canadian, but nothing beats playoff hockey!

I think hockey was the sport that benefited the most from HD TV - the widescreen is perfect for the shape of the rink and the sharper image is great because for casual viewers it's tough to follow the puck.

PK Subban has been an absolute beast these playoffs - what a great player and he's so fun to watch
Subban is at -1 for the Boston series. Phone Post 3.0

molsonman - Try to attend an NHL game live. You will be amazed at how fast the game really is. It looks much slower on TV. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah definitely gonna hit up some Avs games next year. Phone Post 3.0