Just translated Vitor-interview

Sometimes I just love my job. I work for Swedish martial arts magazine FIGHTER (www.fightermag.com), a few weeks ago I put together some interview-questions that my boss mailed to Vitor, today we got a clip where my questions were edited, word for word, into a video-interview with Vitor. It was sweet.

Vitor talks about how he felt about the stoppage against Couture (thought it was unfair), he ranked Randy No 1, Wandy No. 2 and himself as No 3 in the world in 205 lbs right now. He also gave some props to Tito... Vitor looked very sincere and pretty sensitive, I gained a lot of sympathy for him watching the clip.

Anyways, just wanted to share, hopefully the clip will be online in a week or so (once our new issue gets out), I'll bring this thread back to life then for anyone who's interested.

lol @ this crybaby rating himself #3. #12 maybe..

lol, he puts himself ahead of chucky

I know, right? Chuck and Rampage are definately ahead of him in the rankings. Come to think about it, so is Arona.

You gotta feel for Vitor. I mean it is obvious that his mental state isn't on fighting "at his potential" right now due to the incredibly mysterious situation with his sister. If my brother was missing the way she is...I dont know what I'd do, and my mind for sure wouldn't be on anything but him.

Another prop to Vitor for getting in the octagon with none other than Randy himself. Regardless of anyones individual opinion...he is seriously feared in there, because he just seems to maximize his abilities & tune down everyone elses in there. Vitor obvously knew this too going in.

I admit I did want to see Randy win, because its impossible (for me) to root against him, but I did think that Vitor proved that he is very game for even getting into the cage with Randy at such a vulnerable time. I agree with you Androushka...I also feel sympathy for him, and I really hope that they can put some closure to the disappearance of his sister.

After all when Vitor is Vitor....he is as exciting as they get in MMA...IMO

Ron

sadly, he isn't vitor very often.

clearly he was beaten by randy without the headbutt or stopage, but vitor is good and will have good matches again. doubt he'll beat silva again but i wanna see him try

Lol at saying the stoppage is unfair when you're not only doing nothing against the other guy, but both fighters are drenched in your blood.

Didn't he also say in an interview a long time ago that he shouldn't have to give Randy a rematch, because he believed that HIS cut stoppage on Randy was convincing enough? I might not be remembering correctly though.

Come on guys, he didn't say he was beating Randy, he just thought it was unfair because a headbutt opened that cut. Nothing strange, his actual words was pretty polite. He wasn't bitching about that stoppage at all, he answered a direct question of how he felt about that fight. I myself would put Vitor at No 5 or 6 (add Chuck, Tito and maybe Rampage to the list)

vitors a good guy,with his sister missing and stuff its really draining on his mental state,he is a very good fighter imo,i wouldnt say #3 but hes in the top 6 or 7

"LOL @ putting himself at #3. I suppose he has some excuse for losing to Liddel so he thinks he ranks higher than Liddel."

According to every fighter they think that in their opinion they should be in the top 3.

Did Belfort make an excuse of why he lost to Liddell? NO, NO, NO. It's Joe Rogan who made an excuse for Belfort. Belfort did NOT tell Rogan to make an excuse for him about taking the fight on 3 weeks notice.

Did Belfort make an excuse of why he lost to Liddell? NO, NO, NO. It's Joe Rogan who made an excuse for Belfort. Belfort did NOT tell Rogan to make an excuse for him about taking the fight on 3 weeks notice.

That is correct.