Just watched whiplash...

I don't get the hype. Average at best. I did not relate to any of the characters and the film lacked a solid story. Oh, and the ending was horse shit. Easy, predictable way out. Phone Post 3.0

And that song was dog shit. I could understand if it was hot for teacher, but not that crap Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for letting me know to never acknowledge your opinions on film, or anything artistic for that matter.

Have a good day.

Don't disagree. Liked it more than you did but i see your point.

Just finished watching his movie. It's fuken incredible: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1255953/?mode=desktop Phone Post 3.0

I'm a musician and I've been in situations with studio guys and super intense dudes of that type that went to schools like the one in the movie. In my experience it was as far from what actually happens in those studios and schools as possible.

I'm sure it was highly dramatized just for the movie and not supposed to represent what that environment is actually like, but still..... It failed big time Imo. Even as a guy that can sit thru anything revolving around music and showing rehearsals and stuff like that that would normally seem mundane I just didn't dig it. Did nothing for me. I've only ever heard of one guy that could be that intense. Supposedly, one lesson with him will make you feel like you never wanna play again because he just destroys your technique, time, intonation, posture, style and everything you do right off the bat. But even still, he doesn't do it like that. I don't know anyone that would keep a job in that environment acting the way that guy did.

Again, it's movie, and God knows there have been plenty of highly unrealistic situations that make this one look like an every day occurrence. But for a movie that supposed to be personal, realistic, and pushing real people to be their best, it failed so fucking hard. And that ending was horse shit. Phone Post 3.0

ArmbarKing - Thanks for letting me know to never acknowledge your opinions on film, or anything artistic for that matter.

Have a good day.
You're welcome. Now enjoy your Taylor Swift and Kanye albums, I'm sure they share a special place in your heart. Phone Post 3.0

captainplanet - I don't get the hype. Average at best. I did not relate to any of the characters and the film lacked a solid story. Oh, and the ending was horse shit. Easy, predictable way out. Phone Post 3.0

I agree with everything you said except the ending. That was a great ending. Also, the performances were all solid.

These are my favorite movies of the year in order:

Hector & the search for happiness

Guardians of the Galaxy

The Raid 2

Big Hero 6

Chef

Gone Girl

Nightcrawler

Kingsman

Calvary

Overall, pretty weak year. Birdman was pretentious as hell & I usually like that kinda movie.

A_Butler - I'm a musician and I've been in situations with studio guys and super intense dudes of that type that went to schools like the one in the movie. In my experience it was as far from what actually happens in those studios and schools as possible.

I'm sure it was highly dramatized just for the movie and not supposed to represent what that environment is actually like, but still..... It failed big time Imo. Even as a guy that can sit thru anything revolving around music and showing rehearsals and stuff like that that would normally seem mundane I just didn't dig it. Did nothing for me. I've only ever heard of one guy that could be that intense. Supposedly, one lesson with him will make you feel like you never wanna play again because he just destroys your technique, time, intonation, posture, style and everything you do right off the bat. But even still, he doesn't do it like that. I don't know anyone that would keep a job in that environment acting the way that guy did.

Again, it's movie, and God knows there have been plenty of highly unrealistic situations that make this one look like an every day occurrence. But for a movie that supposed to be personal, realistic, and pushing real people to be their best, it failed so fucking hard. And that ending was horse shit. Phone Post 3.0
I think you get past the unrealistic or exaggerated situations when the characters have a solid base. But since the main character was so weak it magnifies the bullshit, imo. Phone Post 3.0

Great movie. Probably best of the year. Phone Post 3.0

I thought it was shit :/ Phone Post 3.0

NiteProwleR - Overall, pretty weak year. Birdman was pretentious as hell & I usually like that kinda movie.
This is the first time in years that I've decided to check out Oscar nominated movies. It reminded me why I stopped doing that. And Guardians was fucking great. Really liked Nightcrawler because of Gyllenhaal. Haven't seen big hero 6 yet, though. Phone Post 3.0

Loved it. Really solid flick. Phone Post 3.0

A_Butler - I'm a musician and I've been in situations with studio guys and super intense dudes of that type that went to schools like the one in the movie. In my experience it was as far from what actually happens in those studios and schools as possible.

At the highest level you don't think it could get that bad or a little close?

Idk about music, but coaches don't survive at the highest level of sports when it comes to treatment of talent. Phone Post 3.0

captainplanet - I don't get the hype. Average at best. I did not relate to any of the characters and the film lacked a solid story. Oh, and the ending was horse shit. Easy, predictable way out. Phone Post 3.0
I just made a thread saying I liked it. Didn't even see your thread. My bad bro Phone Post 3.0

captainplanet - 
ArmbarKing - Thanks for letting me know to never acknowledge your opinions on film, or anything artistic for that matter.

Have a good day.
You're welcome. Now enjoy your Taylor Swift and Kanye albums, I'm sure they share a special place in your heart. Phone Post 3.0

Oh, you know me so well.

ArmbarKing - Thanks for letting me know to never acknowledge your opinions on film, or anything artistic for that matter.

Have a good day.

100% This.  VU

ArmbarKing -
captainplanet - 

Have a good day.

Oh, you know me so well.
One blanket statement to another. Engage or gtfo Phone Post 3.0

Ive been meaning to watch it for a while, I like teller as an actor done some nice movies imo Phone Post 3.0