Just Went To My First Pro Lacrosse Game.

The family and I went to see the Saskatchewan Rush play for the first time. They beat the Calgary Roughnecks in the West Division final.

They're going on to play the Buffalo Bandits in the NLL finals.

It was so much fun. I played box a couple seasons in the 90's. I forgot how fast and dynamic the game is. Great fan game too. They really get the crowd involved. They never stop pumping tunes during the game.

It was a sell out of over 15,000 people.

I'm buying seasons tickets for the whole family for next season.

Here's a picture of right before the Rush took the field pregame.

http://m.imgur.com/wyoReih Phone Post 3.0

I too played box lacrosse.

My fondest memory was hitting a kid who took a suicide pass up the middle, so hard it knocked the guys cup right out of his jockstrap, and it skidded across the floor. Phone Post 3.0

Mike Litoris - I too played box lacrosse.

My fondest memory was hitting a kid who took a suicide pass up the middle, so hard it knocked the guys cup right out of his jockstrap, and it skidded across the floor. Phone Post 3.0
Said jockstrap was..... Phone Post 3.0

Any fisticuffs?

No. No fights. Some good hitting, and it got a little chippy near the end, but Calgary was pressing hard and The Rush had to buckle down and hold them off. Neither team could afford a penalty.

We were prime for something like this in Saskatoon. We have been for a long time. They arrived it with that basketball team, but we're not really a basketball community.

They brought in a winning franchise and that really helped. The pace of the game is good, and they really know how to keep the fans involved in the game. It just seems to be a really well put together show.

I like how they're taking it seriously and seem to really want to build a tradition here, and they're not afraid to tell us that that's what they want.

As I said, I've got a little bit of money socked away, that I was gonna buy a new gun or get another tattoo with. Now I'm spending it on 4 season tickets. Phone Post 3.0

I played hockey until I was 19 or 20, football for five years in high school, two seasons of box and rugby for more than a decade.

Two of my top five hits were in box. Fuck you could let your mean streak out in lacrosse. Watching it in person made me miss it and I have played in about 20 years. Haha. Phone Post 3.0

King Trav -

I played hockey until I was 19 or 20, football for five years in high school, two seasons of box and rugby for more than a decade.

Two of my top five hits were in box. Fuck you could let your mean streak out in lacrosse. Watching it in person made me miss it and I have played in about 20 years. Haha. Phone Post 3.0

Haha yea you could, I played hockey as well until my 3rd year midget.  Had some big hits in hockey, but nothing like lacrosse.

It was really fun before they changed the rule where you could hit any player on the team with possession of the ball.  I got wrecked one time because I wasn't paying attention, and the play was across the floor from me lol

Just bought season tickets for 2017. Phone Post 3.0

King Trav - Just bought season tickets for 2017. Phone Post 3.0

Wicked man, I wish Kelowna had a team, I would buy season tickets for sure.

There was a thread here a while ago where someone said they were watching the NCAA championships. Called it the most boring and unathletic game ever. Idiot.

I played LAX n HS and college. Greatest game ever. And box is so much faster. Phone Post 3.0

I used to go to a few Ottawa games when they had a team for two years. Didnt draw a huge crowd, but it was always a good time. Wish Ottawa had a team again. Phone Post 3.0

I never knew about lacrosse until The Rush came to Edmonton. I've been a fan ever since. It was heartbreaking seeing them leave, but I'm glad they're doing well in a town that'll actually appreciate them. Phone Post 3.0

LETS GO BANDITS!!!! Phone Post 3.0

I went to one of their games shortly before playoffs began and didn't enjoy it for all of the reasons you seemed to have liked it. Pumping music every time the home team takes advantage completely takes you out of the game, it becomes less about the sport and more about the spectacle. The best way to describe it would be if someone were to combine monster trucks with hockey, that's the NLL.

On top of that, our arena cannot support the numbers that they're getting for these games. Feels like fucking China in there, shoulder room only, barely. Phone Post 3.0

I went to a Rush vs Rock game when they were still in Edmonton. Saw the goalie for the Rock get knocked out by a shot right between the eyes Phone Post 3.0

IDOHARM - I went to one of their games shortly before playoffs began and didn't enjoy it for all of the reasons you seemed to have liked it. Pumping music every time the home team takes advantage completely takes you out of the game, it becomes less about the sport and more about the spectacle. The best way to describe it would be if someone were to combine monster trucks with hockey, that's the NLL.

On top of that, our arena cannot support the numbers that they're getting for these games. Feels like fucking China in there, shoulder room only, barely. Phone Post 3.0
I can understand your point. I didn't find it distracting when they'd crank the tunes at all. I was pretty riveted the whole time.

I get sick of rogan and Goldie, so I crank up the Pantera during UFCs when I watch by myself. I guess I'm conditioned to it.

I was a little worried about the crowd in saskplace, but I found it wasn't too bad. I sent the wife to go get treats during the game, so I didn't have to deal with the crowds. Haha. Traffic sucked, but we waited 1/2 an hour and things were pretty cleared up.

Also having 15000 people in that place for sports is neat to see and hear.

Like I said, it brought back some great memories and I enjoyed the action. It's better than watching teenagers play hockey. The blades are fine, but this was better.

Don't be such a party pooper you party pooper. Phone Post 3.0