Justin Wren talks about his fight with Nelson

From The Fight Nerd | TUF Times 9 with Justin Wren, Darrill Schoonover and Zak Jensen, which also features commentary by Darrill Schoonover and Zak Jensen

Q: Give us the play by play of Wren VS Nelson?

Zak Jensen: Justin won the first round Roy won the second and than Justin got screwed out of a third round. Roy got beat up the first round. It is funny to see what Dana says about him.

Darrill Schoonover: I was in Roy’s corner. The first round went to Justin and the second went to Roy. I really think it should have gone a third round but at the same time, Justin was very gassed after that second round, but it really should have gone a third.

JW: I think I could have fought a lot better. I hate to say I could have, but I definitely gassed. It was a combination of things. I could have been in better shape for sure and, I hate to make excuses, but I had four staph infections on my body at the time. You can see on my back right shoulder I had one. Before I even got in the house, I had a staph infection I covered up whenever the doctors looked over us. I just had staph the entire time I was there. Several guys got it, I am not sure if they got it from me but I think I was. I wish I had a better game plan and was more composed. It showed Roy’s experience and composure. He was picking his shots. If i could have done that more, and shot for takedowns, it could have gone differently.

Q: Justin, what would you have done differently if you could fight Roy again?

To read the answer to that and other questions like what it is like to train with your opponent and if the other fighters think the fight should have gone to a third round, head to The Fight Nerd | TUF Times 9 with Justin Wren, Darrill Schoonover and Zak Jensen

I'd be kind of pissed if I got staph infection from a guy who was trying to pretend he didn't have it.

TheOtherWhiteFlu - 
thefightnerd -  From The Fight Nerd | TUF Times 9 with Justin Wren, Darrill Schoonover and Zak Jensen, which also features commentary by Darrill Schoonover and Zak Jensen

Q: Give us the play by play of Wren VS Nelson?

Zak Jensen: Justin won the first round Roy won the second and than Justin got screwed out of a third round. Roy got beat up the first round. It is funny to see what Dana says about him.

Darrill Schoonover: I was in Roy’s corner. The first round went to Justin and the second went to Roy. I really think it should have gone a third round but at the same time, Justin was very gassed after that second round, but it really should have gone a third.

JW: I think I could have fought a lot better. I hate to say I could have, but I definitely gassed. It was a combination of things. I could have been in better shape for sure and, I hate to make excuses, but I had four staph infections on my body at the time. You can see on my back right shoulder I had one. Before I even got in the house, I had a staph infection I covered up whenever the doctors looked over us. I just had staph the entire time I was there. Several guys got it, I am not sure if they got it from me but I think I was. I wish I had a better game plan and was more composed. It showed Roy’s experience and composure. He was picking his shots. If i could have done that more, and shot for takedowns, it could have gone differently.

Q: Justin, what would you have done differently if you could fight Roy again?

To read the answer to that and other questions like what it is like to train with your opponent and if the other fighters think the fight should have gone to a third round, head to The Fight Nerd | TUF Times 9 with Justin Wren, Darrill Schoonover and Zak Jensen

Uhhh .... holy fuck. He knowingly hid a staph infection?

Yea, I thought that was alittle weird.  Four different staph infections....damn.  I have never had staph, but have seen pictures; which doesnt make me an expert, but how did the doctors look him over and not notice it.

he's real nonchalant about 'might have spread staph' i know he posts on here and has a few buddies on here. but he's not cool at all for that. i guess the chance for the exposure clouded his judgement.

wow....i'll put it nicely when i say that was fucking retarded of him....especially admitting that he might have infected the guys with staph.  what the hell is going through your mind when you realize that you might be infecting these people but say nothing about it???

i've had mrsa before and that stuff gets out of control extremely quickly.  i thought i had an ingrown hair, then i thought it was a spider bite, and then i was going to the ER with fever and naseau with in 48 hours of the "ingrown hair". 

i guess some people think it's cool to just act like a staph infection isn't a big deal.

randleman...

http://www.mmanews.com/other/MMANews.com-Exclusive-Interview-With-Kevin-Randleman-%5BPt.-1%5D.html

hardy.....3 nipples!

mcfedries....yummy!  staph!

Well, Wren's statement about hiding staph should definitely be the end of his career, but it won't be

wufwugy - Well, Wren's statement about hiding staph should definitely be the end of his career, but it won't be

lol wouldn't go that far but it was certainly dumb and dumber to admit it without even being pressed to admit anything.  either way he is a young guy and he will learn. 

Titties is correct.

I thought Roy won both rounds but would have liked to seen a third round. 

If he knowningly hid Staph infection that he had before he went on the show, I am glad it didn't go to a third round and I hope to not see him again.

brutal pics of the staph infections there

robbie380 - 
wufwugy - Well, Wren's statement about hiding staph should definitely be the end of his career, but it won't be

lol wouldn't go that far but it was certainly dumb and dumber to admit it without even being pressed to admit anything.  either way he is a young guy and he will learn. 

I guess standards among fighters are ridiculously low. Try hiding an infectious, lethal, and industry-specific disease in any other profession; and watch as you become completely ostracized

Wren is awesome, Roy is a fatass fagit.

Whate else needs to be said?

Hey guys let me explain a little bit so you guys at least know my side...

I had 4, non MRSA staph infections during the Roy fight, which I WAS being treated for. Going into the house I had a small one and I snuck cream into the house to treat it and pills in a vitamin bottle. When the 1 staph infection turned into several after my fight with Wes Sims I told the TUF Staff that I had a couple of Staph infections and I started taking more serious antibiotics. I think that quote is paraphrased and not all I said and if not I should have explained it more. 

I DID sneak into the house with a staph infection, that was already being previously treated. I took a neosporin tube, emptied it and sucked the staph cream into it and took it in the house. All of us were pretty much bathing with Hibiclens after every practice. 

One thing I think people need to understand is that I was treating it, that when I went in the house it was hopefully not contagious anymore, and that this was a ONCE AND A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY. I do feel bad if I were to have given any staph to any of the cast, but I didn't want to be like one of the previous cast members and been sent home before I was given the opportunity to fight. 

I did take a risk,  and I did take ever precaution that I could possibly take WITHOUT leaving the house. If that makes me a bad person then I am sorry, this opportunity was one of my biggest dreams. I want a long future in this sport, I won't ever be put in this position again so I can make different choices. Hope I don't lose too much respect from the UG. I have loved the UG since I was 16... Have wanted to fight in the UFC since I was 13... and didn't want a staph infection that was being treated by every mean necessary to keep me from at least having one fight on the show. Hope that is somewhat understandable.  

"I want a long future in this sport"

Youll have it, you made a lot of fans..

myself included, and Ill run any fagit who fucks with you off this forum..

But you'd better support judo, or your whole world will come crashing down..

Judo is awesome! Lol look at Karo... and I use to train occasionally with Landry Ryan I met him through Brad Rehor. Do you know any of those studs? Thanks for the support! 

McPeePants, I am not at liberty to say if I will be fighting in the UFC. Sorry brotha, but I moved to a World Class camp to start training with some of the best guys in the World. Regardless I plan on being back some day soon :-) whether I have to fight my way back or not. 

STFU MB...MMA is an individual sport..putting people at risk for your own gain is the entire game..

^see justin, I told ya..I run shit!

Doesn't bother me a bit. Guys fight sick, injured, and yes, infected all the time. If it's your one shot, most people would do the same, although they may not have the guts to admit it.

This season of TUF has made me a fan of Wren. Best of luck in the UFC.

Ps. It was f'king hilarious when Marcus called Wren "cute."

Thanks Judo, and thanks Tango! I think MB may have been sarcastic? Him and I are cool on twitter. I probably should of just kept that hush hush but I am a pretty honest guy. I WANTED to win the show, I didn't want a NOT severe staph infection that was being heavily treated to keep me off the show. 

Thanks Tango, I hope to fight in the UFC very soon. Marcus is one of the coolest guys ever!

"I was being serious. That's some dangerous stuff to be exposing people to without disclosing it."

So is an overhand right, should he tell people thats what he is going to throw?