Justin's big news ...

I presume this was what Justin was talking about ...announced by Kirik on the main forum

The obsession with Elvis continues ....

Christopher Cordeiro puts together international deal as King of the Cage heads down under.

King of the Cage is proud to announce that it has taken it's first step
towards expanding world wide. King of the Cage had several options on where
to launch the first international KOTC production, and set the standard of future
international ventures. Terry Trebilcock Jr. decided to support his middleweight world champion Tony 'The Gun' Bonello in his home country of Australia. Bonello a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt. and, undefeated MMA fighter. 9-0 has beaten all of his 9
opponents via ko in the 1st round. Australia has many talented MMA fighters
without the ability to get exposure internationally. With Bonello spending 4
years breaking all the barriers internationally. he is not only the current
KOTC world champion. but, wants to use his political power within the KOTC
to give Australian fighters the opportunity to make it to the top like he has. " a
few Australian fighters have fought overseas, in show's like the UFC and
Pride. but, those fighters have never gotten any other Australian's the opportunity
to get paid well and given them a clear road to a championship fight. my
priority once I won the KOTC world title was to open the doors for other
Australian's. hopefully in a short amount of time several guys from Australia will
be getting paid well and fighting on the big pay-per-view. shows. if I can make this
a reality, then I am a true champion. because i used my influence to help
others attain their goals."

The new owner/president of KOTC, Australia is John Pedro. Mr Pedro will run a
totally politically free event. Opening the doors to all Australian fighters
irrespective of club or affiliation. " there are many matches the Australian
public wants to see, but, has not eventuated due to the politics. KOTC is a
totally independent promotion. our main goal is to get Tony Bonello vs Elvis
Sinosic. or Jeremy Horn vs Elvis Sinosic 2. both Tony and Jeremy have KOTC
world titles. both are very eager and happy to put up their belts to fight
him. if Elvis signs the contract to fight either guy, the true winner will
be the Australian public." We will also be doing 8 man tournaments in the
heavyweight, middleweight and lightweight divisions. the winner will not
only receive the biggest pay day of their careers. they will also be flown
to the USA. and, fight on a KOTC Pat-Per-View show. All expenses paid by KOTC
Australia..

ummm, Bonello hasn't come close to "has beaten all of his 9 opponents via ko in the 1st round" That's KOTC for ya. Doing anything to try and bring respect back to their organization.

Thats the news kids, is certainly going to be a huge step for Australian MMA. I know a bit more re future plans which are MASSIVE and are going to excite everyone here.

This will create wonderful opportunities for any fighters aspiring to a career in MMA. For the fan it will provide dream matches and allow a LOT more people to see KOTC and Australian talent.

Justin

Couple of questions:

Hasn't Cordeiro stopped being the KOTC matchmaker ?
I read he was going to be consulting for them, I assume this is an example of that.

Who's John Pedro ? The name rings a bell. I'm thinking big islander for some reason, I don't really know why.

When/where ? We're short of shows on the Gold Coast, I think we can fit them in here.

And finally, hasn't Elvis v Tony been done to death ? Can't KOTC AU come up with a new gimmick ?

Tank

Hasn't Cordeiro stopped being the KOTC matchmaker ? I read he was going to be consulting for them, I assume this is an example of that.

Yes.

Who's John Pedro ? The name rings a bell. I'm thinking big islander for some reason, I don't really know why.

John is the trainer of Brad MORRIS & James TEHUNA.

When/where ? We're short of shows on the Gold Coast, I think we can fit them in here.

And fit them in we shall. Don't wanna premature release anything but KOTC will promote nationally.

And finally, hasn't Elvis v Tony been done to death ? Can't KOTC AU come up with a new gimmick ?

Think they just wanted to state that the matches v tony or Jeremy are there for the taking. I know Jeremy has long desired a rematch. Anyone here wanna see Elvis fight for KOTC gold?

In closing - I am writing re KOTC as a fan ONLY I am not involved in the venture. John is a friend of mine and I will assist him as best I can.

Justin

Is John Pedro the prison guard guy from Bonello's promo video ?

TTT

I haven't watched the video but John a prison guard.

Justin

If that is the same John Pedro isn't he associated with Tony's team in some way ?

I'm sure he mentions it on the video, but it's been a while since I've seen it, so I could be wrong.

Thanks for the answer Justin...

Tank

PS: I'd like to see Sinosic v Horn II

John is a friend of Tony's, but John is the kind of guy that is afriend of 95% of the people he meets.

Think of Zuffa and their relationship with Tito that lead them to the sport. It doesn't matter so much where the path starts but moreso where it ends. KOTC here is the biggest thing to happen in Aussie MMA to date.

I am very excited from what I have heard from John re the direction etc... The way MMA is growing here is just incredible. Fans and fighters are definately the winners of late, making the job of the promoter a very challenging one.

Tod KOTC my timekeeper was on an excluusive though ;)

Justin

I don't recall signing any contract !!

At the end of the day, I'm an MMA mercenary, and I'll go wherever I can see a show at the right price.

:-)

Tank

Time keeping is a pretty cool gig mate, not as easy as it sounds. I would reccomend you for KOTC or any event.

Justin

You say the nicest things...

T

justin,,, email me pedros phone # I lost it in the flight back..

Its good to see Tony doing this for MMA in Australia.

It says Bonello or Horn will put their titles on the line for a fight with Elvis, what weight are these belts held at and can Elvis even make Bonellos title weight? Isn't it around low 80's???

Tony is 84kg MW / Jeremy is 93kg LHW champ defeated Dean LISTER.

Justin

If Elvis was interested in fighting either for their title wouldn't Horny be the only one in the picture as Bonello is 10kgs lighter than Elvis normally fights isn't he?

I am pretty confident Tony would be open to fighting non-title at a higher weigh or defending at 84kg. I think Elvis is in the unfortunate position where he just cant scrape 84kg but is a bit scrawny at 93kg.

Justin

So would it be fair to say the only real offer for a title fight for Elivs is against Horn at 93kgs?

Wouldn't fans rather an Elvis/Horn title fight and a Bonello/Villasenor title fight if all fighters were interested?

That way Bonello can help Elvis back onto the world stage (as this is why he wanted to bring KOTC to Australia) and Bonello wouldn't have to fight a fellow countryman :)

Seems like a huge oppertunity for some Australian fighters to move onto the world scene. Cngrats to those who had involment in bringing a show this size to Australia.

Also be great to see Soa get his shot at the title.

What is the most Titles KOTC has placed up for grabs at a single event?