K-1 Wars: Ernesto Hoost vs Jerome Le Banner 1-5

K-1 has been the largest kickboxing organazation in the world for almost twenty years. During that time some of the greatest kickboxers evers have fought under their banner.

The organazations champion is decided each year by the K-1 World Grand Prix tournament. Therefore the best kickboxers in the world are on a COLLISION COURSE every year.

That and non-tournament matches have resulted in some fighters facing each other three or more times. This has created some intense rivalries, and some of the most anticipated, and exciting matches in combat sports history.

The first Wars I will post are the classics between Ernesto Hoost and Jerome Le Banner. 

Hoost is considered by many to be the greatest kickboxer ever. The winner of a record four K-1 World Grand Prix tournaments.(tied with Schilt) and numerous other titles, to many to be named.

Le Banner is considered the best fighter to never win a K-1 World Grand Prix tournament. One of the most dangerous men to ever compete in the sport of kickboxing. Le Banner was and still is a threat to knockout any man on the planet with just ONE punch

These two met  five times, not one went the distance, two of the fights ended with brutal KO's, and two others in dramatic fashion!

Ernesto Hoost vs Jerome Le Banner 1-5 (1996-2002)             

Ernesto Hoost vs Jerome Le Banner  -  K-1 Star Wars '96  (10/18/96)

Ernesto Hoost vs Jerome Le Banner II  -  K-1 World Grand Prix '97  (11/09/97)  *Quarter Final 

Ernesto Hoost vs Jerome Le Banner III  -  K-1 World Grand Prix '99  (12/05/99)  *Semi Final

Ernesto Hoost vs Jerome Le Banner IIII  -  K-1 World Grand Prix 2000  (7/30/00)  *Final

Erbesto Hoost vs Jerome Le Banner  V  -  K-1 World Grand Prix 2002  (12/07/02)  *Final

Pro Ice is da man! Thanks for posting all the awesome vids.

awesome!

sub Phone Post

Fucking excellent
Watching Le Banner specifically was what got me training in the first place

ttt

Sweet thread, thanks for posting these vids.

JLB and Mr.Perfect were awesome back in the day.

You're welcome guys

I'm probably going to do some more of these so many other great rivalries in K-1/kickboxing, like Aerts and Bernardo for example these two fought six times both winning three by KO

Some others that come to mind are Hoost/Aerts - Le Banner/Hunt - Hug/Bernardo - Buakaw/Souwer, Zambidis/Parr

Pro Ice is the shit.

ttt Phone Post

ttt

Their last bout in the final of the WGP in 2002 was heartbreaking, at least for JLB. He looked as if he was finally on his way to winning a WGP before getting his arm shattered. Hoost deserved the victory, but Le Banner was so close to finally winning the big one.

later

nhbguy - Their last bout in the final of the WGP in 2002 was heartbreaking, at least for JLB. He looked as if he was finally on his way to winning a WGP before getting his arm shattered. Hoost deserved the victory, but Le Banner was so close to finally winning the big one.

I had kickboxers tell me Hoost knew exactly what he was doing it and did that intentionally.

Apparently you can purposely aim a kick to not hit the body or head but the arm at such an angle where it will hurt them more than it would hurt you if say you caught the elbow with your foot.

Hoost definitely went after the arm

LeBanners arm got broke in his fight with Hunt earlier that night. He tried to hide it the best he could, but once Hooost saw it was hurt he attacked it