K-1 Wars: Ernesto Hoost vs Jerome Le Banner 1-5

Oh I did not know that!

Thought it was ok until the final.

What broke it?

Hunt broke it with a huge kick 

I didn't remember that JLB was hurt prior to the finals, but not surprised at all that Hoost targeted the arm. Lots of muay thai guys will do that intentionally, as Helwig pointed out.

Pro Ice;

Thanks for this mate, brings good memories back, I don´t know if it was your case, but back in those times I and s bunch of other people used to come in here to download the fights that red dragon or blue dragon posted(sorry I´m bad with names). It took ages to download a few minutes of video but it was well worth it.

Anyone else remembers who I´m talking about?

Subd Phone Post

^ I do remember downloading fights and them taking FOREVER lol, didn't do it here though 

And you're welcome Mr Vargas glad you enjoyed them 

This thread is the best thread that's been made in months. Subbed for later. THANK YOU! Phone Post

ttt

and voted up, for more K-1 war threads !!!

iPhone:

iPhone:

iPhone:

iPhone:

iPhone:

ttt

ttt

madmaxej9 - 
HELWIG - 
nhbguy - Their last bout in the final of the WGP in 2002 was heartbreaking, at least for JLB. He looked as if he was finally on his way to winning a WGP before getting his arm shattered. Hoost deserved the victory, but Le Banner was so close to finally winning the big one.

I had kickboxers tell me Hoost knew exactly what he was doing it and did that intentionally.

Apparently you can purposely aim a kick to not hit the body or head but the arm at such an angle where it will hurt them more than it would hurt you if say you caught the elbow with your foot.

That is correct and standard practice in dutch kickboxing. "Middle kicks" as they call them are not designed to hit the body per se but the forearms of your opponent. Very few people (especially when they have a traditional muay thai background) know how to block these kicks and therefore it's pretty easy to hurt them with these kicks. Plus you also always keep the hands / arms of your opponent busy so you reduce his chance of countering your kick.

I usually throw one hard middle kick to see what the opponent is doing - if he blocks it in typical muay thai fashion with both his forearms I know that this will be a painful night for him. All my following middle kicks will be directly aimed at his foreamrms until they either break or he figures out a way to avoid them which usually creates other openings for me.

Dutch kickboxing also has different ways to throw leg kicks but I'll safe that one for another time.. :)

How do you recommend blocking these kicks madmaxej9?

Awesome

Later! Phone Post

OUTCOLD -
madmaxej9 - 
HELWIG - 
nhbguy - Their last bout in the final of the WGP in 2002 was heartbreaking, at least for JLB. He looked as if he was finally on his way to winning a WGP before getting his arm shattered. Hoost deserved the victory, but Le Banner was so close to finally winning the big one.

I had kickboxers tell me Hoost knew exactly what he was doing it and did that intentionally.

Apparently you can purposely aim a kick to not hit the body or head but the arm at such an angle where it will hurt them more than it would hurt you if say you caught the elbow with your foot.

That is correct and standard practice in dutch kickboxing. "Middle kicks" as they call them are not designed to hit the body per se but the forearms of your opponent. Very few people (especially when they have a traditional muay thai background) know how to block these kicks and therefore it's pretty easy to hurt them with these kicks. Plus you also always keep the hands / arms of your opponent busy so you reduce his chance of countering your kick.

I usually throw one hard middle kick to see what the opponent is doing - if he blocks it in typical muay thai fashion with both his forearms I know that this will be a painful night for him. All my following middle kicks will be directly aimed at his foreamrms until they either break or he figures out a way to avoid them which usually creates other openings for me.

Dutch kickboxing also has different ways to throw leg kicks but I'll safe that one for another time.. :)

How do you recommend blocking these kicks madmaxej9?

Also want to know this Phone Post

Thanks again Pro!!