K1 Semmy Schilt vs. Mark Hunt (vid)

I still love K-1. Gotta give to these guys for fighting this many years.

You guys should look for recent K-1 Max. I thought Andy Souwer vs Mike Zambidis was great.

^^ MY GOD THAT ENDING!! true superfight!

badr was precision there, pulling down ray's guard right before the power shot.

and NO one makes high kicks look like they're going low like glaube - maybe aerts

I've always been impressed with Semmy's skills, for a such tall guy he is very fast and well coordinated,can really throw some nice technique, both with his hands and feet,and has some ground skills to boot...but HOLY SHIT, a spinning back kick from someone his size,and a nicely excecuted one at that?!? Too much!

That guy is a nightmare for any heavyweight, he and Tim Sylvia would be an awesome matchup. I never thought I'd see anyone make Mark Hunt look small- he looked tiny next to Semmy!

Crazy that Fedor has beaten both those guys as well as the guy that whooped on Semmy (Hong Mon).

TTT for Zambidis fight vid !!

i ain't gonna even mess with the video function..

zambo-souwer pt1
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMfoBqWfUSM

pt2
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT66BcN8JqE

Hunt gave it a good go. Schilt's limbs were just too long for him. Schilt has really put a skill set together that is way impressive compared to what it was a few years ago.

Damn!!!!!!!!!

How tall is Schilt?

Shilt is a bully. All he does is use his reach to win.

^^OK that was a legit FAGGOT post.

Grow up

Just because he uses his height, weight and reach to win doesn't mean he's the best striker. If he was only 6'0" he'd actually have to learn some real skills instead of just being able to throw and land everything because of his reach and being too awkwardly tall for most guys to hit

no he should just fight in a chair. unfair advantage imo

ttt

Schilt is a monster. He's just so sharp, powerful - and of course, huge with an absolutely gargantuan, Dhalsim-like reach.

With that win over Hunt now, Schilt has beaten every single K-1 GP Champion who is still active (i.e., everyone except the late great Andy Hug and the first GP winner, Branko Cikatic).

In fact, Schilt has become without question the most dominantly reigning fighter ever in K-1.

He is the only fighter to ever win 3 GP's in a row, and he is now already just 1 behind Hoost's all-time mark of 4 total.

Plus, back when guys like Hoost, Aerts, Hug, and Le Banner were all around in their primes, the elite in K-1 all took turns beating and losing to each other.

But with Schilt, so far he's lost only twice in K-1 - and both times by close and controversial decision to Choi and Aerts (and he subsequently decisively avenged the loss to Aerts with a clear decision over him to win the 2006 GP).

Btw, the only time that Schilt has ever decisively lost in his kickboxing career was years back when he was quickly overpowered by Alexey Ignashov (who has probably become the biggest waste of talent ever in K-1) in a non-K-1 event in Holland before Schilt started doing K-1 full-time (previously, he had been concentrating mainly on MMA).

And as for Hunt, he hadn't fought in K-1 in over five years.

Schilt was just the toughest possible opponent for him to come back against - both in terms of overall Schilt being clearly the most dominant K-1 fighter around today, and specifically as an individual matchup for Hunt as well.

People think Hunt is huge - and while he is heavy, he's only 5'10".

So Schilt at 6'11" was over a whole foot taller than Hunt.

So combine this massive height and reach advantage with Hunt's prolonged inactivity from kickboxing competition - and along with, of course, Schilt's unprecedented dominance in K-1 - and a win for Schilt was certainly the most expectable result.

But damn - by spinning back kick to the body?

And in the process becoming the first fighter to ever KO Hunt (but of course, still holding true to the laws of physics, it wasn't actually Hunt's indestructible skull that caved).

Schilt has run through everyone he's faced in K-1 (except Choi) - and along the way, he's beaten Hoost, Aerts, Le Banner, Bonjasky, Sefo, Feitosa, Musashi, Mighty Mo, and now Hunt.

That list is truly stacked - a who's who of K-1 greats, including some all-timers.

Plus he actually beat all of them decisively at least once.

Again, all while only losing two debatable decisions to Choi and Aerts.

The guy has dominantly cleaned out K-1 like no one else has before.

And holy crap, Hari just destroyed Sefo.

Sefo has a pretty legendary chin himself - but Hari just overwhelmed him with lightning quickness, power, sharpness, and relentless aggression.

I despise Hari personally - but objectively I certainly can't deny his greatness. There's no question that he's currently the best K-1 fighter at 220.

Truly a worthy champion there.

SKARHEAD - Crazy that Fedor has beaten both those guys as well as the guy that whooped on Semmy (Hong Mon).

With all due respect to Hunt and Schilt's accomplishments in kickboxing, it's really not all that crazy. Barnett did the same thing, and looked much more impressive doing so: he finished Schilt twice (Fedor had to take him the distance) and his fight with Hunt looked like a Gracies in Action video. Neither guy is really a powerhouse in MMA, so the best in the world damn well better be able to beat them. It's also to be expected he should beat a circus freak with one fight to his name. Any top ten heavyweight should be able to do the same.

^^^Agreed