Kai Kara-France nixes Fight Island offer, for now

The UFC is determined to continue holding shows during the COVID-19 global pandemic, and has secured two locations, believed to be in Florida and Fiji, to hold shows. UFC president Dana White says fighters will not be pressured to compete if they don't wish to. Although fighters are not paid unless they fight, Kai Kara-France doesn't believe it's time yet.

Kiwi flyweight Kai Kara-France has turned down a spot on UFC's first 'Fight Island' card, but won't rule out a future appearance on the isolated venue.

The mixed martial arts franchise has been forced to cancel several fight cards, due to the coronavirus pandemic, prompting president Dane White to consider alternate plans.

The promoter has secured an "undisclosed location", set to stage its first fight night on May 10.

Top 10-ranked flyweight Kara-France was offered a bout against American Alex Perez, but after talking to coaches and family, he felt the risk was too high, given all the unknowns, so he turned it down.

h/t Brad LewisNews Hub

I guess that kiboshes any kind of super card Dana had in mind

2 Likes

Yeah cause a super card can only be made with Kai Kara-France

I like his fights! Always exciting, the footage of him training at Tiger Muai Thai on TUF was intense!

1 Like

Who?

He's a Kiwi and most of his fights have been on APAC cards, but still it's not like he's unknown.... But still, who cares?

To show solidarity, I also will not be fighting on Fight Island.

1 Like
JThomasufc91 - 

Who?

This.

Soul Gravy -
JThomasufc91 - 

Who?

This.

This, and LOL at " but won’t rule out a future appearance"

like he has any say when he appears in a UFC card.