Kalib Starnes does his talking with his fists

Augustus Caesar - 
12SixElbow - 

Here's why I thought it was odd.

"Right now, I have a broken foot [that] I sustained with the first kick I threw in the fight," Starnes said.

LOL...

Well I mean... C'mon...

Not to mention the lack of any sort of suspension for a broken foot...

This is bringing the lols. Nothing like Internet tough guys bashing a pro fighter. Good one guys.

Ya we all make mistakes and we all have to live with them. The Korean Zombie not only fractured his foot but also dislocated his shoulder and still tried to put it back so he could fight. It is quite likely Kalib will never live that fight down. So many people would kill for the opportunity he had and it's unfortunate but he blew it. Then he blew his chance at a proper apology. Aldo also broke his foot. Man I can think of so many guys who suffered severe injury and kept on fighting.

It would be great to see him redeem himself but it's going to be a long long very steep uphill road.

MMASucka -
catbath -

I feel for Starnes. It was agonizing to watch his infamous fight, but its not like you spend any time in the gym training for how you'll fight if you break your foot.  We've certainly seen other athletes handle broken feet with more bravado, but who's to say that Starnes' injury wasn't more painful?

Not excusing it. Just saying its a tough spot.

I couldn't agree more. He had not only a broken foot and a broken hand, but he had something wrong with his jaw as well. Not to make excuses, but he has come a long ways. Phone Post 3.0
If you have a broken foot, hand and jaw if you quit a few will think less of you. If you choose to continue and do what he did then everyone will never forget it. Phone Post 3.0

Bentleysuper8 - Ya we all make mistakes and we all have to live with them. The Korean Zombie not only fractured his foot but also dislocated his shoulder and still tried to put it back so he could fight. It is quite likely Kalib will never live that fight down. So many people would kill for the opportunity he had and it's unfortunate but he blew it. Then he blew his chance at a proper apology. Aldo also broke his foot. Man I can think of so many guys who suffered severe injury and kept on fighting.

It would be great to see him redeem himself but it's going to be a long long very steep uphill road.

I don't think the problem is that you get injured and can't fight or can't continue,

IMO a lot of people don't think he broke his foot.

Fans will let this go after Starnes tells the truth about that night. It's a fucking LIE about that foot and we all know it. That ain't a limp, it's a sprint. He had plenty of spring in his step. And fuck that "keyboard warrior" shit, people are just calling what they are seeing. Obviously Kalib is a badass, so what we should all be little bitches around guys tougher than us? I was a fan of his and I'm still waiting to be one again when the truth is told. It's pretty natural to feel disrespected by a sense of dishonesty.

People need to look back with his fight with belcher. He took everything belcherhad and then shook it off like nothing and swarmed him and made belcher back up and turn away then it got stopped due to cut just when kalib was pooring it on.

Kalib's hands just said "get me out of here!"

Any.evidence of.his injuries, they werent.mentioned.at the time? he.said it was to show the promoters.who.was in charge or.some shit. Phone Post

mghan44 - Not sure that any MMA hate bugs me more than the absolute relentless attacks on Kalib everytime his name is mentioned.

One bad fight ruined that guys name forever, despite the fact that he has some great fights and wins over solid fighters (he beat Leben in a very entertaining fight if some don't remember).

Glad to hear that he is doing well!

So Angus and McTavish are sitting around in the pub. Angus takes a long pull at his drink, looks out the door and says "Angus, you see that bridge out there."

"Aye Angus, I do"

"S'a goood Bridge. Built it with me bare hands I did. But do they call me angus the bridge builder?"

"No angus they don't" he says sympathetically.

"And ya see that roof on the school. S' a good rooooof, took me a month, with me bare hands." He takes a pull again. "But do they call em Angus the Roof Maker?"

"No angus they don't"

Angus takes another deeeeep pull at his beer, his face going red.

"But you fuck ONE Sheep . . .!!!!"

Crap, I should have proofread the joke before pasting it. I copied it from some other forum. I heard it years ago and had to google "But you fuck one sheep" to find it.. There was a little hesitation before hitting enter.

So Angus and McTavish are sitting around in the pub. Angus takes a long pull at his drink, looks out the door and says "Angus, you see that bridge out there."

should be

So Angus and McTavish are sitting around in the pub. Angus takes a long pull at his drink, looks out the door and says "McTavish, you see that bridge out there."

Im not intrested but he did it to piss off Dana he says. Many people on here hate Dana so you'd think he'd have a bit more support.

I have only gratitude towards Kalib Starnes. He has provided me with much entertainment. I guess this keyboard warrior got his moneys worth in the long run.

Happiness Bunny - 
mghan44 - Not sure that any MMA hate bugs me more than the absolute relentless attacks on Kalib everytime his name is mentioned.

One bad fight ruined that guys name forever, despite the fact that he has some great fights and wins over solid fighters (he beat Leben in a very entertaining fight if some don't remember).

"Aye Angus, I do"

"S'a goood Bridge. Built it with me bare hands I did. But do they call me angus the bridge builder?"

"No angus they don't" he says sympathetically.

"And ya see that roof on the school. S' a good rooooof, took me a month, with me bare hands." He takes a pull again. "But do they call em Angus the Roof Maker?"

"No angus they don't"

Angus takes another deeeeep pull at his beer, his face going red.

"But you fuck ONE Sheep . . .!!!!"

I woke my pregnant wife I was laughing so hard. Damn you straight to hell, sir. ;)

Wasn't Starnes also complaining about his pay back then too and overall UFC pay?

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/35602-ufc-83-payouts-released.html

Lol this was 5 years ago and some of these numbers would be pay raises for some of these level guys in the UFC now. Beyond weird pay structure.

I think it had also to do with insurance or some shit.

Prior to that Nate fight he had been looking decent after TUF but he really burned that UFC bridge. Maybe Bjork or WSOF would pick him up give the guy a chance must suck for that fight to be all your remembered for. Phone Post

man meets fate - People need to look back with his fight with belcher. He took everything belcherhad and then shook it off like nothing and swarmed him and made belcher back up and turn away then it got stopped due to cut just when kalib was pooring it on.
My memories if that fight are of belcher destroying him on the feet with knees and elbows and then slicing his head open with one of those 'vagina shaped' gashes and then when the doctor did step in and inevitably stop the fight, he yelled at his corner like a little girl because they gave him shit for quitting or something to that effect. I remember feeling quite embarrassed for him at the time. Phone Post 3.0

mghan44 - Not sure that any MMA hate bugs me more than the absolute relentless attacks on Kalib everytime his name is mentioned.

See Gabe Rudiger Phone Post 3.0

Starnes told The Fight Network that he requested his release from the remainder of his UFC contract, which had been carried over from his appearance on "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series and ensured him three fights per year.

"[UFC matchmaker] Joe Silva told me that it usually takes a couple of days for their legal department to complete the paperwork and that he would send me all of the paperwork to indicate that my contract has been dissolved," Starnes said. "Later on in the afternoon, after I had spoken to Joe Silva, a story was released by some reporter from Yahoo! in which Dana White said that he had released me from my contract. I received no documentation on that, and it came after I asked to be released."

"In my opinion, it was inappropriate to make public statements regarding my character and my future and so on the way that he has, especially without having the courage and the respect to call me up and speak with me personally," Starnes said. "All of these comments come from a man that has never had a fight in his entire life who claims to be the ultimate authority on fighting and courage. I couldn't be happier than to be released from the most oppressive contract I've ever been under in my life."

According to the American Top Team-trained fighter, injuries led to his switch from an offensive to defensive mode against Quarry. For a majority of the fight, Starnes back pedaled out of harm's way and away from his opponent's dangerous punches. A former challenger for the UFC middleweight championship, Quarry battered Starnes with leg kicks throughout the three-round bout.

"Right now, I have a broken foot [that] I sustained with the first kick I threw in the fight," Starnes said. "My leg is purple and black from my knee up, I have a black eye, a sprained jaw, and he's questioning my desire to fight? If that isn't enough to satisfy him and the crowd, I can show them the medical report. I can barely walk. [Quarry] totally destroyed my thigh with those kicks. I'm sure a lot of people would rather see me suffer a traumatic brain injury and be rendered unconscious. That's too bad. If that's what they want, they're paying the wrong guy $10,000 to get his brain smashed in."

Starnes then invited White to walk a few feet in his shoes.

"Dana White wouldn't stand and trade with a guy [like Quarry] who had an 80 or 90 percent knockout ratio with injuries like I had Saturday night," Starnes said. "He wouldn't cross the street for $10,000. I don't have anything to prove to anybody. I'm not about to stand there and get smashed to pieces. After I knew my foot was broken, I was trying to back up and work off the jab and keep moving so I didn't get knocked out."