Kamaru Usman plots fight with Canelo Alvarez after a win at UFC 268

Would Dana White be willing to co-promote Usman vs Alvarez in boxing?

Laughable

14 Likes

Anyone who thinks Usman has a chance in anything but a fixed fight is crazy. It would be so one sided if it was a legit fight. McGregor was carried by Mayweather if you are using that as a measuring stick

3 Likes

Looking for a big payday before getting out.

2 Likes

good thing for usman is that the can probably get away with taking EPO in boxing too

2 Likes

Lol, canelo beats him with closed eyes
Aand nobody knows what usman is

1 Like

Would be interesting in boxing if Canelo could only use 1 arm.

2 Likes

Pride and other Japanese leagues had some good idea.

One round: boxing or kickboxing
2nd round: MMA
Repeat

You can add no subs, etc.
Have the boxers dabble in other aspects without risking too much, and they are being “forced” to put on a brutal clinic in “their” rounds

Both guys can show their strengths, general public’s curiosity is peaked, etc.

Don’t make it just a straight boxing match!

I remember Shinya Aoki jumping around the ring, bouncing on the ropes, stalling out the first round of the boxing. Then, lol, second round MMA starts, he shoots for the takedown and got KOd with a knee.

4 Likes

Don’t do it Usman lol. Canelo will fuck you up.

1 Like

Usman is drinking his own kool-aid.

His boxing is terrible for that sport.

He’s also not the draw he thinks he is and it’s been done by Mayweather/McGregor and none is paying to see this.

3 Likes

This reminds me of Woodley planning his Simultaneous welterweight champ rapper career.

He’s just as delusional.

3 Likes

Lol. Called it.

“…yayo”

LOL
Canelo would never consider

Yeah, or they would use a size handicap. Akiyama fought Botha and Le Banner, for example. I was kind of surprised that Le Banner beat him in MMA.

But they can’t change these two sizes ha ha. I don’t think Canelo would go for it anyway. I mean how much can he get paid than now?

tenor-105