Kampmann: A five year old could tell I beat Sanche

Yeah if you look at the strikes landed Kampmann owned. He also stuffed tons of takedowns he doesn't get rewarded for. Kampmann won the fight watching it. Like if two chicks were in the room watching the fight and didn't know scoring or rounds or anything they'd say Kampmann won. I'm sick of fights being scored on some bullshit criteria that doesn't translate to actually winning a fight.

Kampmann got robbed against Shields then Sanchez. Could it be cuz there's less marketability in Denmark? Phone Post

you got backed up for the last 2 rounds bro

Kampmann conveniently forgets that he was close to being KTFO when he was backed up against the cage

It's not judges rewarding wild swings (in this case) it's the fact that Diego hit Kampmann with fewer shots but they were power punches that were closer to finishing te fight, that is the difference

Kampmann was robbed in that fight. Diego was being counterpunched all night and his face showed the results of that. An easy 29-28 score for Kampmann in my opinion.

Kampman destroyed Diego

Kampmann dominated that fight. Diego was like 1 for 20 in takedown attempts....... He clearly got out struck. Walking a guy down while getting your face beat in does not equal winning a fight. Striking is about technique, and footwork not walking into punches.

Find me a grappling expert who says Kampmann was out grappled.

Find me a striking expert.... boxing, K1, etc. who says Martin was out struck.

People who don't know what they're watching are picking the winners here.

They should rename the sport "Mixed Martial Aggression" or "Ultimate Octagon Control" because these guys sure as hell aren't rewarding fighting.

Capo Ultra - Kampmann conveniently forgets that he was close to being KTFO when he was backed up against the cage

It's not judges rewarding wild swings (in this case) it's the fact that Diego hit Kampmann with fewer shots but they were power punches that were closer to finishing te fight, that is the difference

How do you know he was close to being KTFO? Diego walked into him throwing haymakers, he got hit, but I don't think he was even close to being stopped.

KingstonHawke - 
phantomknifehand -  More fighters should say shit like this, maybe the goddamn scoring system will start to get un-fucked. 

Where does personal accountability come into play though? Kampman knew the system which fights are judged prior to the fight. People need to stop fighting based off of the scoring system in their head, and start catering their style to the system the judges use. EVERYONE knows that takedowns win rounds... how many exactly did Kampman even attempt that fight? Everyone knows that aggression wins rounds... so why did Kampman backpedal 80% of the fight?

Even when I debate with people on here, they always say, "the system is fucked". Well, maybe it is. But until it changes, it's the system that you need to fight according to.

Well.... I think he figured he was pretty safe. Given that he stopped 14/15 takedowns, and out landed Diego in every round, while causing way more damage.

And to all you guys who are asking why he backpedaled.... are you retarded? Diego's gameplan was to take Martin down. He abandoned that when he realized he couldn't, and resorted to walking forward.... If you move forward, and your opponent moves forward you don't get anything more than a clinch-fest. Kampmann used footwork and punches to the face as his counter to Diego's strategy. That was his way of doing damage.... more aggression than clenching if you ask me.

I say bullshit, I was watching the event with my five year old and he called it for Diego.  Case closed Mr. Kampmann.  USA! USA! USA!

I thought he won the fight. Phone Post

Kampmann on the cover of Finnish FightSport issue that is coming out next week:

If Jon Anik said Kampmann won...Kampmann won! Phone Post

A 5 year old could strategic better than Kampman. Once again he threw away a fight he had in the bag. Kampman would be a top 5 welterweight now if he fought smarter.

Diego did not win that fight.

I respectfully disagree with Kampmann.

kampman is correct

KingstonHawke - 
phantomknifehand -  More fighters should say shit like this, maybe the goddamn scoring system will start to get un-fucked. 

Where does personal accountability come into play though? Kampman knew the system which fights are judged prior to the fight. People need to stop fighting based off of the scoring system in their head, and start catering their style to the system the judges use. EVERYONE knows that takedowns win rounds... how many exactly did Kampman even attempt that fight? Everyone knows that aggression wins rounds... so why did Kampman backpedal 80% of the fight?

Even when I debate with people on here, they always say, "the system is fucked". Well, maybe it is. But until it changes, it's the system that you need to fight according to.
I don't disagree with that, but anyone who's watched his fight with Diego more than once can see Kampmann got the shit end of the stick with that decision.  Yeah yeah, never leave it in the hands of the judges and blah blah blah - but that's lame because the judging criteria and the judges themselves (not all, some), suck shit and don't know what to look for during a fight - which directly causes fucked decisions like this one. 

MMA is still so damn young, the sport can change, the rules and criteria for judging a fight can change - why it hasn't probably has to do with it still having to deal with the acceptance from the general population and silly douches like Bob Reilly who don't want to see the sport find success.    It'll take time, money, and effort to get MMA to where it needs to be, and until that happens, we have crappy decisions like this to look forward to.

Diego took that one on aggression, cage control and being closer to finishing. Should have been a draw though. Phone Post

SuMBJJ - Kampmann dominated that fight. Diego was like 1 for 20 in takedown attempts....... He clearly got out struck. Walking a guy down while getting your face beat in does not equal winning a fight. Striking is about technique, and footwork not walking into punches.

Find me a grappling expert who says Kampmann was out grappled.

Find me a striking expert.... boxing, K1, etc. who says Martin was out struck.

People who don't know what they're watching are picking the winners here.

They should rename the sport "Mixed Martial Aggression" or "Ultimate Octagon Control" because these guys sure as hell aren't rewarding fighting.

Well said.